This Project Unmaintained And Incompatible: NRND

Marcos' unmaintained, but still in-use, Puma for FreeEMS circuit board/hardware design!
Fred

This Project Unmaintained And Incompatible: NRND

Post by Fred »

Marcos' last commits to the repository for this project were:
  • May 03, 2011 - Spin 1 Branch
  • August 09, 2011 - Master Branch
Because both versions contain significant errors, and because there are better, more complete, more comprehensible, and more up to date schematics available to new designers as a reference, this project is going to be demoted to the unloved section.

This thread is both a record of why, and a warning notice before hand. If not for the EXTENSIVE work by Preston, I'd have done it today. Preston has committed literally hundreds of hours to the documentation for this project which Marcos failed to complete adequately and to a high enough standard. In a few days Preston's work should be complete and all Puma owners will be notified of the presence of an accurate and functional BOM and accurate and usable instruction set. At the earliest I will move this section down in 30 days, at the latest, 60 days. It can be moved back up when:

A) Known issues are clearly specified and documented
B) Consistent work is being done toward making it compliant
C) Perhaps other things.

If these are true before I deem it appropriate to move, I won't move it. Otherwise I will, definitely, move it. It is currently causing problems and misleading new up and coming designers. That is unacceptable and damaging to the FreeEMS project as a whole.

A BIG thank you to Preston on behalf of all Puma Spin 1 owners!

Let this thread serve as a warning to other hardware designers in future. Similar behaviour to what has gone on here will not be tolerated in future. Things will be demoted and/or archived much more quickly.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Fred

Re: This Project Unmaintained And Incompatible: NRND

Post by Fred »

Absolutely no change in nearly two months since posting this thread. Demoted to unloved. Maybe Marcos will salvage his reputation in future, I hope so, he has a lot of potential when he applies himself and listens.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!