Puma KiCad project file fix

Marcos' unmaintained, but still in-use, Puma for FreeEMS circuit board/hardware design!
Jammi
DIP8 - Involved

Puma KiCad project file fix

Post by Jammi »

There is an issue related to the committed library paths of the KiCad project file of Puma, at least at the time of writing this.
It can easily be fixed by editing the design/puma.pro file with a text editor.

Change these lines:

Code: Select all

LibName11=/home/marcos/electronica/puma/PCB-modules/free_EMS
LibName12=/home/marcos/electronica/puma/screenshots/img2mod_v1.01/LOGO2
LibName13=/home/marcos/electronica/puma/PCB-modules/LOGO
..into:

Code: Select all

LibName11=../PCB-modules/free_EMS
LibName12=../screenshots/img2mod_v1.01/LOGO2
LibName13=../PCB-modules/LOGO
After doing this, the project can be opened without errors (except for the missing "LOGO2.mod" file in the master branch, because the "screenshots" directory doesn't exist in the repository).
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Re: Puma KiCad project file fix

Post by jharvey »

Great and thanks for the post.

That absolute reference is automatically generated by KICAD, so I can see how got in there. I don't know why it doesn't produce an error on mine. I'm running a windows version of KICAD and my paths are way different. Oh, I just found it. I get the error when I try to place a component. I hadn't tried that lately.

There is a script that generates LOGO2.mod from an image file. I seem to recall the resulting image is kind of large, and slows down KICAD quite a bit. So the LOGO2.mod was removed and broken for now, but can be quickly regenerated and included before a PCB spin. It's much quicker to click OK on an error message than it is to wait several seconds every time you zoom in or out. Look for puma\PCB-modules\img2mod.py

For now it looks like neither LOGO's are used, just listed in he library directories. So they are really just annoying messages.