General ?'s for the general part of the forum

General English language SECU-3 discussions here. Обсуждение общих вопросов SECU-3 на английском.

Moderator: STC

jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

General ?'s for the general part of the forum

Post by jharvey »

I'm curious what the developers plan are for this forum. Can I ask questions here and have some kind of expectation that they might answer? Are they looking for feed back for possible improvements, or wish list items, ect? Or perhaps the purpose of having the forum here is currently a young development and can grow into just about anything. I wonder what the goals are?

It appears to be a nearly/possibly purchasable product. Is it available for sale on an alpha or beta test basis?

I have a couple thoughts/suggests that I think might help make SECU3 better. It also appears that it has planned growth, I wonder what the growth plan might have been. I see some non connected pins that appear to have net names. This makes me think they are planning to include some future options. Also I see some pins that could potentially be used for injectors or other features. Is there a plan for those pins?
Fred

Re: General ?'s for the general part of the forum

Post by Fred »

I setup this forum as an English speaking home for the project. I always intended DIYEFI.org to be a home for other open source EMS related projects to exist. This is the first serious one that has come along IMO.

The developer, Alexey, said he would endeavour to answer questions as they appear. I'd say its more or less finished, with 50+ users and a full hw/sw/fw design and docs etc. What an awesome job he has done! :-)

No idea if you can buy it of whether you have to print it and assemble it yourself. Perhaps he can answer that and your other queries.

You should build and test one and let us know how it goes!

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

Yes I would agree it looks very nice and well done. My suggestions and feed back are certainly small in scope compared to what he/they have accomplished. I'm also curious what the plan for future growth is. I'll be interested in seeing his reply. I'm particularly interested in injectors.
STC
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by STC »

I am author of SECU-3 project.
jharvey, I will answer all questions (if I have time for that).

1. I do not sell SECU-3, it is free. You should assemble it yourself
2. From start it was dedicated to carburetor engines. But, some people propose to develop injector functionality. Unfortunately, I have no time for that (at least now).
3. Basically, hardware was based on ATMega16, but later I've added to SW ability to support ATMega32. There are some people which develop ATmega64/128 versions. Take a look of http://www.assembla.com/code/secu3doc/subversion/nodes.
4. SECU-3 has enough information, but I have to translate it into English.
5. Some non connected pins that appear have net names because these pins used in versions developed by other users. E.g. http://www.assembla.com/code/secu3doc/s ... if?rev=244
Author of the SECU-3 project. SECU-3 Engine control unit / Ignition control system
SECU-3.org (Русский)
SECU-3.org (English)
SECU-3 Club ВКонтакте
SECU-3 EMS Project Facebook
STC

Post by STC »

I've registered domain secu-3.org
Site moved here http://secu-3.org/
Author of the SECU-3 project. SECU-3 Engine control unit / Ignition control system
SECU-3.org (Русский)
SECU-3.org (English)
SECU-3 Club ВКонтакте
STC

Post by STC »

SECU-3.org (Русский)
SECU-3.org (English)
SECU-3 Club ВКонтакте
Fred

Post by Fred »

Congratulations, welcome to 2011 :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!