View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Which hardware? 
DIP8 - Involved

I'm back...after doing the EFI with a 8mhz msp430 on my tractor, it is almost time to start
doing some EFI on some cars, well ok, maybe I will start with my jet boat, that has a SHO v8.

I have the cop ignition working, by removing the ford processor from the CPU board,
and soldering in wires to the chip pads that go to a msp430. Clearly a hack, but the wiring is all there, the cpu connector is there and the mosfets all there nicely packaged already.

But I'm thinking of just going with some fresh hardware, like a few here are doing, and am wondering what hardware I should use? Given my experience with MSP430's, they have a 16mhz chip now,
but perhaps more interesting is the MSP432, which is an ARM processor that runs at 48mhz.

I look at the Teensy, but the Aurduno IDE but NO DEBUGGER, been there done that, and NO FRICKING WAY, what a time waste not being able to set breakpoints to debug.

So RusEFI I saw is using the STM32F, and this looked pretty good for price/performance. What is the development IDE like? Is only 3 ADC's enough?

None of the above have CAN bus, and I really need CAN bus. It can be added of course, but better if built in to the processor board.

Anyways, happy to hear suggestions that MUST have good debugger. I have about 4 engine projects coming up and they all need good standalone EFI setup that must be cheap, like $50 cheap...not $350 cheap.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:17 am
DIP8 - Involved

Looks like the PIC32MZ is a winner, ordered a couple of the Olimex PIC32-HMZ144 boards at $19 each.
No-cost dev software with real debugging.

This board is 200Mhz, 2Mb flash, 512k ram.

PIC32MZ series are high performance MIPS core
processors from Microchip with 10-bit, 500 KSPS,
48-channel ADC module, MMU for real time OS
support, CAN, UART, I2C, PMP, EBI, SQI & Analog
Comparators, SPI/I2S interfaces for audio processing
and playback, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
Device/Host/OTG, 10/100 Mbps Ethernet MAC with
MII and RMII interface

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]