This has two aspects:
- Raw files
- Groups/views of files
Raw files should capture these details:
- Camera type eg GF1 or Canon
- Date range 2009-12-31-to-2010-01-01
- Period/location coarse ID/desc eg "LondonWithNazAndJohn"
- Vids vs pics, GF1 has them in diff dirs, canon has them mixed with IMG_ or MVI_ prefix and .JPG or .MOV suffix
- SD/DCIM/?/* where ? is important to preserve for ordering and context information, eg 125_PANA or 257___07
Raw files should be simple/quick/easy to add to collection! Proposal:
Such that date order has precedence, ID has next and camera comes last. Below that will live the native camera structure untouched eg DCIM/125_PANA/ etc.
It's likely a good idea to nest it one more or arbitrarily more with stuff like:
With multiple dumps below each.
Thumbnails can be handled by the viewer app. Shrunk versions for rapid visual searching should be in a parallel dir structure with a consistent format such as 640x480 or 800x600 or 1024x768 or 1280x960 or a variety.
Groups/views should be light weight and consist of a dir structure with symlinks to the shrunk versions or originals whatever is desired.
In place exiftran -i rotation of originals shall be the only mod allowed to originals.
- Generate thumbs of X size in a relative path when passed a dir or set of files.
- Symlink thumbs and/or originals from a source with regex to a destination. Maybe generate a template metadata file for later online gallery generation?
Also need some sort of video path/file to name/desc to yt-hash mapping.
Might add some more thoughts later.
- where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means FreedomFreeEMS.org
- the open source engine management systemFreeEMS dev diary
and its comments thread
and my turbo truck!n00bs
, do NOT
PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!