Current Priorities

FreeEMS topics that aren't specific to hardware development or firmware development.
Fred

Current Priorities

Post by Fred »

Hi Everyone!

As everyone who is loyal enough to still be reading this knows, things have been going slow for a while. I'd love that to change! To that end, I thought I would publish a list of big things that need doing.
  • DONEWebsite major update - me.
  • Website migrate to drupal - me.
  • DONE Forum migrate to subdomain - me
  • Automated backups of all diyefi/freeems data/setup/config/etc - me.
  • DONE Forum archive sections added and old irrelevant threads moved there to avoid distraction of new users - need help finding these dead threads and mining them of anything useful.
  • Known information which is stable migrated to media wiki instance on http://wiki.freeems.org
  • DONE 0.1.0 released, copyright year updates, release scripts, name to use - me.
  • Pin out's finalised so hardware can progress - requires research on pins behaviour and relation to register contents with different pin states etc - anyone with hardware can help with this.
  • Comms stuff polished, reworked, refined, tested and documented - I'd like to be involved, but someone else *could* do some or all of this work, if they were keen. This will allow FreeEMS-Tuner dev to continue and MegaTunix development for FreeEMS support to begin.
  • DONE Framework for easy distribution of new xgate enabled gcc utils for testing on lin/win/mac - SeanK/SeanS perhaps, or maybe someone else to support their efforts.
  • Unit testing framework based on host PC cross compilation and beginnings of some coverage - me and SeanS can work together on this.
  • Real time stuff, this needs a sublist, see below.
Real time stuff :
  • DONE XGATE up and running and integrated into architecture even if running half speed for now and just blinking an LED
  • Possible move to bit bang 8 - 12 cylinder sequential fuel setup from 6 max sequential with hardware timers - ONLY if it can be done with sufficient quality of service and low enough latency.
  • Re evaluate use of timers for fuel/ign/other stuff and reimplement whatever we need to to come inline with that.
  • Scheduling algorithms in place for timing related stuff, same code for fuel and ign - no duplication.
  • Wheel decoder plugin architecture improved and made more flexible/correct including macros and/or inlined functions to perform duties common between each type.
  • Different wheel decoders brought up to spec and inline with plugin arch.
I'm unsure if that is complete, but it's a solid start. I can edit with your suggestions any time.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
SleepyKeys
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: Current Priorities

Post by SleepyKeys »

I'm working on the xgate tools right now, we should have something to work/test with soon.

"Possible move to bit bang 8 - 12 cylinder sequential fuel setup from 6 max sequential with hardware timers - ONLY if it can be done with sufficient quality of service and low enough latency."
Code to do this may be important because we cant even do seq dual staged injection on a 4 cyl with only 6 hw channels. The same goes for XEP on an 8cyl engine.
You snooze, you lose!
Fred

Post by Fred »

http://www.diyefi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=849

Release is out, next up, website, forum, and story with pics/vids.

Fred.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Updated original post with done markers. This thread is still a good reflection of what needs doing on a higher level than just firmware code.