FreeEMS needs YOU!

FreeEMS topics that aren't specific to hardware development or firmware development.
Fred

Re: FreeEMS needs YOU!

Post by Fred »

As soon as we nail the pin out details a board design is imminent, FreeEMS should be up and running and growing in every respect by the end of the year.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
porelmundo
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by porelmundo »

I like to help.
I’m a mechanical engineer, with knowledge in electronics; I use to program EMS for racing cars and test them on the dino. I have 2 racing cars for rally one for off-road one for on road. I have a machine shop with advance knowledge on mechanics. A mechanical designer, with knowledge in CAD/CAM and 3D simulation. Just let me know how I can help. No programming knowledge but advance computer operator. I can help with some money too.
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

Welcome along, and good to hear from you. Mechanically we have several parts reasonably ironed out I believe. I think connectors are fairly well defined as CPC connectors. We are still a ways away from the case, but that might be one place to get into some design. I'm very familure with Solidworks for solidmodeling. Some time a solid model of the end ECU would be handy, but we still have a bit to go before we can finalize the board layout. Perhaps a connector card wold be a good place to try and get into things.

Rally you say, what part of the world you from? I volenteer for radio rally here in ME of the USA. Any chance I might see you at NEFR?
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

porelmundo wrote:I can help with some money too.
I almost forgot, Fred posted a donate link on his branch (the official FreeEMS branch) found here.

http://github.com/fredcooke/freeems-vanilla
Pierre6
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by Pierre6 »

I would like to help.

My skills:
- Automotive Engineer Electronics/ICT
- C-programmming (actually on the same processor you guys use for the FreeEMS)
- Little bit hardware design
- Very interested in engines. I have two cars on which i want to experiment with EMS's. (Opel Calibra Turbo 4x4 & BMW E36)
- Motivated

Please contact me with what i can do. I don't yet see how far advanced the FreeEMS is right now (just started reading the forum for two days now).

Cheers,

Pieter