My new babies have arrived!!! 56Kbps beware!!

FreeEMS topics that aren't specific to hardware development or firmware development.
davebmw
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

My new babies have arrived!!! 56Kbps beware!!

Post by davebmw »

Now its on to the PCB for these babies!!!
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
Fred

Re: My new babies have arrived!!! 56Kbps beware!!

Post by Fred »

I was looking for a good jealousy picture to post up but couldn't find anything appropriate. I was hoping to find something inappropriate instead, but never ran across that one of the 4 teenage girls with the fat woman in the hall way so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I can't wait to see what you do with them :-)

Also, you'll be needing to post a mug shot with any PCB photos as is customary in this community ;-) Failing to do so can result in me pretending to ban you :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
BenFenner

Post by BenFenner »

Fred wrote:that one of the 4 teenage girls with the fat woman in the hall way
The best I could do on short notice. Sorry it's not the original. =]
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

Hey don't be greedy you have a thumb and forefinger shot :lol:

On a more serious note I will probably be designing 2 boards to start with that have the basics like your development board one for the 112 MAL device and the other for the OTT 144 MAG device. The idea being to have a play with the code and be able to hardwire directly to the IO lines etc.
What i don't want to do, is design a PCB, find out its shite and have to take the QFP off! not generally a good idea for complex IC's as they stand more of a chance of keeling over.
Once the design is sound, i will get rid of the headers to the CPU card and finalize the design with the MCU at the center of the design. Whether the final design will use the MAL or MAG remains to be seen, but the MAL does have the distinct advantage of being a bit more DIY friendly having slightly larger pins.
I have noticed that RS sell an adapter PCB for 144 pin QFP to 144 pin PGA on a 0.1" grid but I'm a little apprehensive to shell out £27 as it may potentially cause issues with the clock lines and not have the preferred ground plane layout as specified in the datasheet.

I will of course get around to posting some pix and PCB drawings, I have been putting off learning KiCAD as i'm up to my elbows in work at the moment and learning C at home kind of leaves little time but i will get around to it very soon, besides I have new toys now in the form of 4 very cool MCU's i want to get this project up and running so i can sell my MS2 on ebay!
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

BenFenner wrote:
Fred wrote:that one of the 4 teenage girls with the fat woman in the hall way
The best I could do on short notice. Sorry it's not the original. =]
Oh My God!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Good effort Ben, I tried for 5 mins and failed!
davebmw wrote:i want to get this project up and running so i can sell my MS2 on ebay!
You mean sell it in the for sale section down below right? I hope that forum doesn't become too over crowded with ms units for sale that no one will buy. Now I'm just getting silly, MS will always have it's place.

Fred.
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

Fred wrote:
You mean sell it in the for sale section down below right? I hope that forum doesn't become too over crowded with ms units for sale that no one will buy. Now I'm just getting silly, MS will always have it's place.

Fred.
MS is indeed an excellent tool for education purposes, and a fantastic DIY ECU for a low to mid complexity injected engine.
But for those who want more you have to move on and port what you have learned about programable EMS over here to FreeEMS.
Then MS does have its place.... in the for sale thread :lol:
Fred

Post by Fred »

I was thinking as a pre-FreeEMS educational tool ;-)
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

Fred wrote:I was thinking as a pre-FreeEMS educational tool ;-)
Like Fisher Price My First EMS :lol:
MotoFab
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by MotoFab »

Heck, this can't be right. The new MS3 !?

- Jim

Edit: New Image
Last edited by MotoFab on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.