HCS12MEM

FreeEMS topics that aren't specific to hardware development or firmware development.
flytojoker
TO92 - Vaguely active

HCS12MEM

Post by flytojoker »

Hello! fred!
I wonna consult you about the HCS12MEM command.
I wonna program serial monitor and bootloader to the S12 Chip.
So I build a Tubro BDM Light (TBDML) module.
But the help documentation only for PODEX's LRAE and serial monitor command.
This is the help documentation:

EXAMPLES

There are some common options that must be specified in most cases: interface type, interface port, target type, target oscillator frequency (if interface requires it and cannot auto-detect). Almost every call requires these, so for clarity they will be stated only once as an example, and omitted in the following examples, substituted by [-ipto] symbol.

BDM
Depending on the interface in use, different options are required:
TBDML - interface type and target type are required, no port specification is required (USB bus is assumed), no target frequency is required (TBDML can auto-detect it), but it can be overriden with -o option, if auto-detection fails and TBDML is unable to connect the target.
BDM12, PODEX - required are: interface type, target type, interface connection port and target frequency.
Two examples of these options for TBDML and PODEX follows: first example - interface is PODEX, serial port for PODEX attachment is /dev/uart0, target is MC9S12A64 MCU operating at 16MHz; second example - interface is TBDML (assumed connection via USB), target is MC9S12A64 MCU, operating frequency is auto-detected. hcs12mem call usually requires some more action commands to do something specific, but such call with these options only is convenient for verifying target communication - it initializes the target, displays all the info and quits:

hcs12mem -i podex -p /dev/uart0 -t mc9s12a64 -o 16MHz
hcs12mem -i tbdml -t mc9s12a64

LRAE BOOTLOADER (AN2546)
Using LRAE serial bootloader, we specify following common options:
hcs12mem -i lrae -p /dev/uart0 -t mc9s12a64 -o 16MHz

SERIAL MONITOR (AN2548)
Using serial monitor, we specify following common options (oscillator frequency is not required):
hcs12mem -i sm -p /dev/uart0 -t mc9s12a64

I could connect to the S12 chip whith the TBDML,like this:
hcs12mem -i tbdml -t mc9s12t64

But what command for TBDML? And what port(-p)to use?
hcs12mem -i lrae -p ??? -t mc9s12t64 -o 8MHz

By the way ,I had build the part or driver module PCB for XDP512
Attachments
VR_LM1815_Bottom.jpg
VR_LM1815.jpg
Dual_Bottom.jpg
Dual_Top.jpg
IMG_0041.JPG
Fred

Re: HCS12MEM

Post by Fred »

I've not used HCS12MEM in years as the SM had a mass erase bug. All more recent loaders do things differently. I can't help you, I'm afraid.

Also, that looks like a pirate M$2 box. It has your email on it, though, so if they really want, they can track you down :-p
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!