FreeEMS Podcast Topic Ideas & Requests

FreeEMS topics that aren't specific to hardware development or firmware development.
johntramp
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: FreeEMS Podcast Topic Ideas & Requests

Post by johntramp »

Save your anger for the podcast :p
SleepyKeys
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by SleepyKeys »

"I think one of the most interesting things that I got from talking with Sean about the reason for needing XGate was some reasons for choosing the Freescale MC9S12XDP512"
Sounds like I misspoke a bit, at the time of choosing it was more or less over looked as a nice ace in the hole IF it was ever needed. Even the bit bang stuff I did with it could be, IMO, re-implemented on the s12 core in C and provide satisfactory performance for fuel, without even resorting to preempting interrupts. I would need a concrete performance parameter to determine that though.

The only time you would *need it, is when you require damn near hardware performance in terms of "response time" to an ISR. The only output that requires such precision in a tuned port injection setup, is ignition. Why other systems chose to bang ign and use hardware timers for fuel instead of the other way around is a bit beyond me.
You snooze, you lose!
masterkorp
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by masterkorp »

So when its gona be the first podcast ? :)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Soon! By force. lol.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
wheeler_express
DIP8 - Involved

Post by wheeler_express »

I look forward to seeing you in front of a camera Fred! I know a lot of people that I might can get to watch. One is bent on making an efi from old PC mobos.

Maybe when my project is farther along, I will stick a camera on it. This user isn't camera shy, but I do prefer to know what I am talking about before talking to a bunch of people.

Thanks for the work you do Fred.

KA
Fred

Post by Fred »

You can see and hear me in front of a camera right now if you like! There are quite a few clips floating around. Somewhere there might even be some NZ TV footage of me!

Wait till you've reviewed it for quality/interest yourself, before telling others ;-)

And you're welcome! :-)

Fred.
Dan

Post by Dan »

I would also be more than happy to do a hardware section for your webcast too mate :-)
Fred

Post by Fred »

I've had an idea for an initial podcast show, something to follow on from the Reaktor vimeo vid I recently did: https://vimeo.com/75697548

Will keep you posted! :-)

Fred.
ToxicGumbo

Post by ToxicGumbo »

I wrote the following in IRC. While awaiting feedback from the others, an unnamed user told me to "post it on the forum!" just before conversation switched to something else. :-P

(9:29:07 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: Late last week I realized that "work hours" in my cubical are ideal for catching up on months of neglected podcasts
(9:29:32 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: So I've been listening to tons of Street Rod and Custom Radio, School of Hot Rod Radio, The Agco Automotive Hour, and Car Talk.
(9:29:58 AM) ***ToxicGumbo-work is hoping to hear you guys droning on for hours at work
(9:31:31 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: These group chats (host + guest/guests via phone/in-person/at events) are good
(9:32:08 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: The debates and friendly bickering make it fun to listen to, which is a win for a longtime listener
(9:32:34 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: As opposed to hours and hours of instructional material which can get boring and make it a chore
(9:33:01 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: So Fred, get some people in the podcasts so you can get some good debates going
(9:33:02 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: ie.
(9:33:09 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: MAP vs MAF. ;-)
(9:33:58 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: "Today's guest is on the phone from Florida in the USA...."
(9:37:10 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: It also means that the material can present itself and you're not exhausting a majority of topics in short order just to produce episodes.
(9:38:40 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: Episode 1: Fred introduces everything, the spirit of the community, the format of the show and type of people who might be interested in the project and podcast, and upcoming topics
(9:40:27 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: Episode 2: interview with one dev for a while and to balance things, one user about their experiences. Maybe end on a mailbag kind of thing that touches on forum activity.
(9:41:15 AM) ToxicGumbo-work: occasionally pull in a local vendor who's helped you (ie. the guy at the shop you visited a day or so ago) for about 10-15 minutes to discuss a DIY process for getting fuel injection set up.
Fred

Post by Fred »