EFI/ECU Replacement for 2006 Suzuki SV650S

FreeEMS topics that aren't specific to hardware development or firmware development.
andyjoe
TO92 - Vaguely active

EFI/ECU Replacement for 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Post by andyjoe »

I am looking on ditching the stock ECU and the PowerCommander III. I would like to know of the hardware needed for this project to build an EMS or if I can purchase it pre-assembled. I want to do all the work, but not if it's assembling on a PCB with micrometer sized wires. Is there an actual FreeEMS hardware build? What are some good starting points to EFI replacement for motorcycles?
Fred

Re: EFI/ECU Replacement for 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Post by Fred »

There are some FreeEMS hardware projects in progress, however nothing suited to a bike yet, and nothing finished yet, either. FreeEMS is probably not for you yet. It shouldn't be treated as an end-user solution, yet. With time that will come. Read the first part of this viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1699 or all of it, if you wish.

Hope that helps.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
andyjoe
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by andyjoe »

I wish you a lot of luck with the project. It's needed and I, personally, am not at this level yet to help, but I know once it's complete, it will be great. Do you know of any products to direct me towards that offer a hardware schematic or prebuilt hardware, that is open source and well documented? What do you think of the mega/microsquirt? I'm an advanced linux user, but amateur on EFI for the time being, but my entire goal is to learn.
Fred

Post by Fred »

You'll probably have good luck with a MicroSquirt (don't ask me which version) running ms2extra code. Getting good results from DIY EFI stuff, ms included == lots of research before embarking on your mission. If you do do your homework, you should be happy enough. Beware of the warts, though :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!