Reference Tools Introduction

Reference implementations of various tools for use with FreeEMS. Written in Java for my personal use, they're 100% cross platform, 100% compatible and 100% reliable with thorough test coverage.
Fred

Reference Tools Introduction

Post by Fred »

More than a year ago I realised that I required a solid set of reference tools for my own personal use to keep me sheltered from bugs in contributed tools and ensure development continuity. I started working on these tools way back then, but had other priorities and therefore never finished them. That is, until recently, when I was, once again, motivated to produce some first-class tools for development use. I've set about developing a suite of libraries, and applications based upon them, with a focus on absolute quality and correctness. Stuff that I can absolutely depend on at all times, and stuff that can, will and has been accelerating my development of the firmware and increasing the quality of it at the same time.

Currently I'm keeping these all to myself as a benchmark for other tools to live up to. In future I may, at my option, choose to license them to contributors to the project as a thank you, or to paying individuals on a software-as-a-service basis. In the long term, I may open source them for general consumption, but certainly not yet.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!