Customizing Eclipse IDE for m68hc1x

Free Open Source Firmware project discussion forum. Post your Free Open Source firmware projects here!
SleepyKeys
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Customizing Eclipse IDE for m68hc1x

Post by SleepyKeys »

I figured it's about time to get my hands dirty. I installed Eclipse c/cpp IDE and imported the freeEMS project into my new workspace. I modified the makefile for my system and verified that running "make" builds a new s19 file. My question is what should be customized in Eclipse to get maximum m68hc1x functionality?

-sean
You snooze, you lose!
Fred

Re: Customizing Eclipse IDE for m68hc1x

Post by Fred »

I don't know :-)

Right now it tells me the "interrupt" keywords are ignored and that there is one other error (which there is not) and correctly identifies other errors with a ctrl b press.

I'm not certain as to why you needed to "import" it, I believe there is a .project and .cproject file pair in the zip i've been distributing. It may (or may not) be possible to just plonk it in your workspace directory.

Other than that, I've just been using it as the kick-arse editor that it is. Although I recommend it, any other IDE or even just VIM or EMACS, whatever you prefer really, is also fine.

Sorry I can't be more help. It may be possible to get eclipse to use the right tools so that it doesn't whinge about the interrupts etc, but I don't know how, and haven't got time to try to find out when it does what I need already.

Hope that clears it up a bit for you :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
SleepyKeys
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by SleepyKeys »

Fred wrote:I don't know :-)

Right now it tells me the "interrupt" keywords are ignored and that there is one other error (which there is not) and correctly identifies other errors with a ctrl b press.

I'm not certain as to why you needed to "import" it, I believe there is a .project and .cproject file pair in the zip i've been distributing. It may (or may not) be possible to just plonk it in your workspace directory.

Other than that, I've just been using it as the kick-arse editor that it is. Although I recommend it, any other IDE or even just VIM or EMACS, whatever you prefer really, is also fine.

Sorry I can't be more help. It may be possible to get eclipse to use the right tools so that it doesn't whinge about the interrupts etc, but I don't know how, and haven't got time to try to find out when it does what I need already.

Hope that clears it up a bit for you :-)

Fred.
I'm getting the same errors and I kinda figured as much. If I figure out/run across anything I'll post it in this thread. Thanks it did clear things up.

-sean
You snooze, you lose!
Fred

Post by Fred »

seank wrote:I'm getting the same errors and I kinda figured as much. If I figure out/run across anything I'll post it in this thread. Thanks it did clear things up.
Cool, I'll keep an eye out :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!