Stingray 3 aviation ECU

Free Open Source Firmware project discussion forum. Post your Free Open Source firmware projects here!
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Re: Stingray 3 aviation ECU

Post by jharvey »

Oh, great, didn't know that was included in the MCU. I know most MCU's have brown out protection and such, I haven't seen a low voltage indicator internal to the chip before.
KW1252
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by KW1252 »

Here's the part where the stingray was mentioned: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/kica ... ssage/9695 (I did credit jharv and marcos in the earlier post and Fred in the following, had accidentally edited it out in the first post, sorry!)

Here's a post about the switching mode power regs:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/kica ... ssage/9722

I like the electronics design quite a bit, but the lack of thermal reliefs on the pads does leave me bit worried about cold solders. It's a 4-layer board so it's not really DIY-able at reasonable price, but the layout is clean.
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

I'd like to see more SMT options, such that AAPCB can do most of the work for me.

Also I just ran doxygen on it, see the included Doxyfile.

No need to worry about giving me credit, I tend to poo poo GPL for requiring that credit trail. What happens if you want to remain autonomous? Limits your freedom if you ask me.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I like the way he has justified his design decisions re switching. He actually has a good reason. We do not, my Puma runs cold in real cars, Abe can verify that, as can anyone else who has powered one up for a long time.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Fred

Post by Fred »

jharvey wrote:I tend to poo poo GPL for requiring that credit trail. What happens if you want to remain autonomous? Limits your freedom if you ask me.
You can assign your copyright to someone else. Or use a pseudonym. Or enter the work in the public domain and just add it to the existing source without naming.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!