Puma board (spin 1)

For organising group buys of automotive and electronic equipment and parts.
Fred

Re: Puma board (spin 1)

Post by Fred »

preludelinux wrote:i would be interested in a board as long as its mostly complete ( never messed with smd stuff so ) i would plan to run it on my bmw and maybe many others if it helps with development ~ and very interested in spin 2 and through hole board diy setups ~
You won't be getting a complete board, unless you pay someone (that isn't Marcos) to build it for you. If you can secure a spare, you can probably get it with a cpu and usb and power supply. You'll still need to populate the rest. Don't be scared, though, it's not THAT bad :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
crazy_Ivan
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by crazy_Ivan »

I'd love to get a board with the cpu programmed; It'd be sweet to finish it up and run my mazda on it and learn more about the development of it...

Spare or spin 2 perhaps?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Marcos, what's the status of the balance of the boards? Who hasn't paid you/given you their address? Let's get some of these out to people more enthusiastic, IF, we can get the original orderers to say they don't want them. Let's get the ball rolling and get ALL the boards distributed ASAP, and the docs to build them, which are coming along nicely, por cierto.
gearhead
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by gearhead »

Just FYI, I have not received my board yet...

Gearhead
nitrousnrg
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by nitrousnrg »

damn, yours was the second board sent, and that was a long time ago.

I asked, and been told that with the tracking number i gave you, you can go to your local post office and get the new number, just to know where the package is (the number changes when it leaves my country)... could you check that, if you have some spare time?

Fred, I've 9 boards here that are not mine. 2 of them are partially assembled and are going to be shipped tomorrow. I never took the hassle to persecute one by one the guys in the list

Also, I've material to make only one or two programmed boards. btw, assembling 12 boards was very time consuming, I really hope people will just want a bare board.

For fully assembled boards, wait for spin2 :-)
Marcos
Fred

Post by Fred »

After gearhead checks his tracking info, if it can't be found, and there are spares, or unenthusiastic people, can you get him another from the 9? He'll be a good person to have testing it... :-)

Fred.
nitrousnrg
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by nitrousnrg »

Sure, its fine to me. I don't really have a lot of faith in the original list (I recall there were 1-time posters)
Marcos
Fred

Post by Fred »

Sure, but we need to chase them up, I can get the email addresses easily, just tell me who to chase and I will chase.

Fred.
eezo20v
TO220 - Visibile

Post by eezo20v »

Hi Guys,
Very interested to get one of these and becoming involved in the project. Can someone please let me know how I go about getting one.

I am a software engineer, with an electronics background, so I can hopefully offer some help in some capacity.

I have a lot of experience in automotive embedded software design.

If I've missed the boat on spin 1, is there a similar group buy thread for spin 2??

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Ernest
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

The next spin is being worked on, and we are getting lots of data and corrections from spin 1. there may be a couple spin 1 board hanging around, so who knows you might be able get your hands on a spin 1, if you scratch around some. If you do get a spin 1, it will most likely be just the board, so you'd have to solder a bunch of stuff, and upload an initial firmware with the BDM port.

I'm not sure when the next spin will happen, but it's probably in a month or two. The plan is to have at least the critical parts installed like the MCU, PLL USB, ect. Then they can be programed by some one and shipped to the end users. This will make it much easier for folks to work with. Glad to hear your interested. If you want to get hardware for testing and helping with the dev but don't find success with a spin 1 board and such, there is always the TA card that can be purchased. The first engine to run was a TA card with a couple simple circuits in a bread board.