Puma board (spin 1)

For organising group buys of automotive and electronic equipment and parts.
Fred

Re: Puma board (spin 1)

Post by Fred »

hamster wrote:Thanks for the heads up Fred.

I'm down for two, just let me know how to get whoever money.
You're most welcome, and I've added you to the list. We'll sort out the money situation afterwards as the postage will have to be included with each payment.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Post by AbeFM »

I'll have to check digikey, and see what/if there are any pricebreaks. Josh (do you read these?), I can get enough for another set, sneak it in with some work order, save on shipping.

Everyone but josh - I would never order stuff at work just to have them cover shipping.

I've certainly got a few projects which COULD work. First off is figuring out if I need a VR sensor for the car, or if I can fool the circuit into reading my OEM Mazda open collector pseudo-hall-effect sensors.
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Post by AbeFM »

Oh, missed a page of posts! Awesome you're adding some dummy-lights.

I assume you don't have a socket for this part? It would be awesome to have someone put the boot-loader on all the chips, then mail them out. I probably could find/get/make a set up, perhaps one person per country is the best idea.

Is the board sized for a particular case? I had a lot of people whining on my board about there not being a case, I could have added a 1/4" strip on one side and it'd have made a lot of folks happier.

I wouldn't call it critical, but if there is room, on the sides of the 40 pin, could you use the footprint for a real connector, the sort with a lock? I did this on a similar board of mine.
-Abe.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Firstly, welcome back, this forum was never the same since you stopped being a post whore on it ;-)
AbeFM wrote:Oh, missed a page of posts! Awesome you're adding some dummy-lights.
+1 great stuff!
I assume you don't have a socket for this part? It would be awesome to have someone put the boot-loader on all the chips, then mail them out. I probably could find/get/make a set up, perhaps one person per country is the best idea.
BIG PLUS ONE, some sort of device for programming them without soldering them would be awesome. One per country makes the most sense, although, if we're hoping to get the CPUs cheap, then one person who receives 100+ cpus could do them all and post from there. Another option would be to order CPUs from TA if they have facility to program without them being in circuit, which they may or may not.
Is the board sized for a particular case? I had a lot of people whining on my board about there not being a case, I could have added a 1/4" strip on one side and it'd have made a lot of folks happier.
This is a good point. Marcos, what's the story?
I wouldn't call it critical, but if there is room, on the sides of the 40 pin, could you use the footprint for a real connector, the sort with a lock? I did this on a similar board of mine.
I'd say that isn't going to happen, it's not the design for it to work like that, and it would be wasted space to those not using that particular style and therefore detract from it overall.

Fred.
Colza
TO220 - Visibile

Post by Colza »

Sounds like some fun for the new year. Whats the ETA on boards?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Marcos will have that info once he places the order tomorrow or so.

Once they're with Marcos we'll need to sort out what people want cpu/sm wise or not, and postage, and addresses and payments. I guess first paid first served or something like that. He'll need to get a quote on postage for each first, or maybe just round it up and make some margin on it to keep it simple.

I should have access to a BDM, so I could take the NZ lot, post them out bare, get them back one by one with enough stuff on them to burn the SM to and then post back to each person.
gearhead
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by gearhead »

I have a BDM though I am clueless as to how to use it.

Gearhead
nitrousnrg
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by nitrousnrg »

<CLOSED>

37 PCBs have been ordered, I'm waiting for their DRC bots checking it. If all is well, I'm gonna pay for them tomorrow, expect the 10 days lead time, and then distribute the boards.

Keep in touch.
Marcos
Fred

Post by Fred »

Marcos has been hit with a higher shipping charge due to all of us piggybacking on him. May I politely suggest, again, that you all pay a bit more than 5 bucks, upto 10 per board (plus postage), past that is a donation to Marcos, which I wholy support, but is extra for sure.

His cost on these is now at the the $8.50us each, act accordingly. If Marcos got his for free, I'd be happy :-)

He's too modest and generous to suggest such things, hence I am. He's a super nice guy, and talented, let's make it worth his while people, Christmas spirit and all that crap, etc.

Fred.
nitrousnrg
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by nitrousnrg »

I'm fine with those $5, any more is welcomed, but this is the deal:

I was going to pay:
75 (tooling) + 35 (gold) + $3*4 + 40(shipping) = $162
(for my own boards)

With 37 boards, I'd have to pay nothing.

With 37 boards and the extra shipment cost because of the extra weight, I'm paying around $40 from my pocket. Not a big deal if you consider I was willing to pay $162 in the first place.

Cheers, and happy new year! =)
Marcos