mpc5634 based board

For organising group buys of automotive and electronic equipment and parts.
EssEss
LQFP112 - Up with the play

mpc5634 based board

Post by EssEss »

a dead simple board based on the 144lqfp part.. you supply +5, and everything else is pinned out for you to connect your own drivers, etc ..

any interest ? I might have a diy etched board up and running by the end of the weekend. if it works out, I'll go off and have some boards professionally made up with connectors and such (in the spirit of the ta board).

if you need a dev platform, iSystem has a full blown ide (winIDEA) w/gcc 4 (and a simulator!) .. and I wrote a c# cmdline app to push data into flash over the serial port. if you want to use a nexus debugger, expect to shell out a lot of money.

beware - it was hard for me to get samples of this part .. it might be even harder for you. this is a bleeding edge pre-prod part.
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/sit ... dG06C1427E
EssEss

Re: mpc5634 based board

Post by EssEss »

going out to the garage to make my proto:

2.6"x1.9"
if all goes well, I'll lay out a real 4-lyr board probably on a couple rows of 1mm-pitch header strips and condense it down even further.

btw: if you don't want to use winIDEA, you can use codesourcery under linux platforms: http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/p ... elease1375 and you can use this cheapo nexus debugger w/gdb: http://www.macraigor.com/usbWiggler.htm

interested yet ?
EssEss

Post by EssEss »

done .. works (draws idle current and osc runs) ..

Hook up through jtag and burn some code tomorrow. Anything further will show up in some future project thread.
MotoFab
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by MotoFab »

Nice one Sean!. Hey, any idea about the cost of the iSystem iC3000GT iC3000HS or iC5000 debug hardware?

- Jim
EssEss

Post by EssEss »

depends on what you want with it .. a base unit (ic5000) goes for about 3.5K$ I think .. mine has full trace and that doubled the cost which is still about 1/4th the price of a barebones lauderbach or greenhills setup. Adding additional platforms (arm7/arm9/cortex/coldfire/etc) costs in the 4digit digit range each.

I also have the macraigor setup for 250$. A bit slow, and not as many 'prepackaged features', but it still does the job as well with a little more diy effort. Certainly well worth the money.

I've also tried the p&e setup and they shoulda just dropped out of the game in 1998 when they were on top .. its plain junk. Their u/i and cmdline tools are just as bad in 2010 as they were in 1996 (still the same !?). BUT, if you happen to have one laying around, you can actually use it w/lauderbach's u/i for free! but it's slower than slow.
MotoFab
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by MotoFab »

Thanks for the info!