Powertrain Control

Non-EMS Electronics related discussions and projects in here please.
Delta
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Powertrain Control

Post by Delta »

This is the gearbox controller I've been working on - I've got it on two boards. One is the driver board, and the other is the microcontroller and signal conditioning board. I'll post that one up later as I need to take a screen shot of the laptop.

Currently its 7 drivers at least 4 of which are PWM capable but 2 others depend on if the solenoids are ok with the frequency required to run the timers for RPM input. I only actually need 1 PWM output for my gearbox but I thought I would have a go at making this as extensible and flexible as possible just incase anyone feels like it might make a good companion to freeEMS. Right now its not open source, but I'm considering making it so. Power Train controllers in the aftermarket seem to be few and far between - so if a variant of this was added to FreeEMS it might carve out a really nice little niche. I'm completely broke atm - so the going is VERY slow, but I'll probably order a set of test boards in 3 months or so.
Fred

Re: Powertrain Control

Post by Fred »

Cool :-)

If you do FOSS it, I reckon it should stay separate to FreeEMS. I think the same about widebands, and dataloggers etc too.

If someone wants to take two or more projects and merge them together for their application, sure, but they should be able to be independent and modular.

Could give lance and his GPIO trans controller a run for its money :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
davebmw
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by davebmw »

Just a suggestion, how about FreeGMS (Gear Management System) or FreeEGS (Electronic Gear Selector)
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
Delta
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by Delta »

Controller Board