Other micro-controller projects

Non-EMS Electronics related discussions and projects in here please.
longracing
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Other micro-controller projects

Post by longracing »

:?: I was just wondering if anyone had other small micro-controller projects they were working on?

I am just starting out with micro-controllers but already have a few projects I am thinking of using them for. Eg:

* A Lithium batt. controller for charging, balancing,indicating & safety cut-off on portable cameras at work.
* Smart controller for solar-water heating/room temp. control.
* RC batt. discharger & voltage/current display.

:?: And does anyone have good links for tutorials or lessons?
ababkin

Re: Other micro-controller projects

Post by ababkin »

Here is a good "intro into various types of micro's" article i came across
http://www.ferret.com.au/c/Microchip-Te ... rs-n692721

I am also discovering this wonderful world.
currently looking at ARM7, Parallax propeller. Cortex-m3 and PSoC are on my todo list.

currently dicking around with CAN bus

tutorials and lessons? google is your good friend, just need to put a bit of effort to search around - it's all there.

Alex
Legal disclaimer for all my posts: I'm not responsible for anything, you are responsible for everything. This is an open and free world with no strings attached.
Thaniel
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by Thaniel »

ababkin wrote:Here is a good "intro into various types of micro's" article i came across
http://www.ferret.com.au/c/Microchip-Te ... rs-n692721

I am also discovering this wonderful world.
currently looking at ARM7, Parallax propeller. Cortex-m3 and PSoC are on my todo list.

currently dicking around with CAN bus

tutorials and lessons? google is your good friend, just need to put a bit of effort to search around - it's all there.

Alex
I know this is old but saw your mention the parallax propeller. I started using it. Have switched to programing in prop basic.
Spudmn

Post by Spudmn »

Some of the projects I have in the pipe line are based around CAN bus enabled sensors and displays. Such as fuel sender, G-sensor, wheel speed and LCD Dash display.

I had not used the Microchip PIC controllers until about 2 years ago when I changed jobs. I have to say that I am very impressed with them.

They do have some configuration bits that can catch you out but come with a good C compiler and debugger. You would need to get yourself a PICkit 3 programmer / debugger, but it will program most of the Microchip family.

I am going to be using the PIC 18F25K80 for my CAN projects. They are a small cheap micros with CAN bus built in.