Connecting harness to breadboard

Non-EMS Electronics related discussions and projects in here please.
andg
SOT-223 - Salvaje

Connecting harness to breadboard

Post by andg »

So I've tried tinning wire to connect to a breadboard, but I'm also considering crimping something like male crimp pins. Is tinning the wire sufficient to make a good connection for the sensors?

Code: Select all

{url: andrewgauger.com, skype: andrgaug, email: andg@andrewgauger.com, car: 25, fb: facebook.com/DonatoArrighi, github: andg.github.io, assets:https://s3.amazonaws.com/3400}
andg
SOT-223 - Salvaje

Re: Connecting harness to breadboard

Post by andg »

soldering the pins have taken some time to build up on thinner gauge wires to get plug into breadboard without slipping out. Fred comments that I'm probably wasting time, but until a Jaguar board arrives, I've got to do something to stay engaged. If you find yourself without firmware to support your car but are eager to run FreeEms feel free to reply. I think a good user community united on the desire to run Jaguar v 0.4, we can work in new ways to support firmware development if we can figure out how.

Code: Select all

{url: andrewgauger.com, skype: andrgaug, email: andg@andrewgauger.com, car: 25, fb: facebook.com/DonatoArrighi, github: andg.github.io, assets:https://s3.amazonaws.com/3400}
johntramp
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by johntramp »

Are you planning to wire up a breadboard based ECU? :worship:
Fred

Post by Fred »

It'll go down great for promo material if he does! Even I'll be impressed! Also, confused, but that's quite normal these days as senility starts to take a firm hold.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!