building TBDML

Non-EMS Electronics related discussions and projects in here please.
EssEss
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: building TBDML

Post by EssEss »

I've got the tools to load anything, but in the end we probably need some way to be self sustaining. I don't mind being part of that boostrap process since I have those tools.
nitrousnrg
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by nitrousnrg »

Fred wrote:
EssEss wrote:in the old days the relationship was much different .. there were no tools and the developer was the toolset creator
Why not in 2011? Is the microcontroller spec available? Come on Marcos, show us what you're made of! :-)
Flesh and bones, mostly.
Fred wrote:
for anyone in the US that needs me to burn code into your board, I can do it too, just pay return shipping.
That's awesome, Sean! You're a legend! :-)

Edit: I assumed you meant load to xdp512, not to the tbdml, but is that possible too? Or did you mean that?
Cool!
That would be fantastic.

Well, these are my news:

On my quest for acquiring the software, I ran into a friend of mine that has the codewarrior cds. In that little box I found some literature about the usb multilink from P&E. Turns out my friend have a BDM pod getting rust in his desk(!).

He is borrowing me it, so I'm using it for SM loading and some debugging. Cheer up, this isn't the end of this thread :-) I want a free as in freedom tool to load the SM, and my homemade tbdml is complete, it only needs the firmware.
Marcos
Fred

Post by Fred »

nitrousnrg wrote:In that little box I found some literature about the usb multilink from P&E. It turns out that my friend has/had a BDM pod getting rusty/rusting/collecting dust in his desk(!).

He is lending it to me, so I'm going to use it for SM loading and some debugging. Cheer up, this isn't the end of this thread :-) I want a free as in freedom tool to load the SM, and my homemade tbdml is complete, it only needs the firmware and testing.
Mostly language fixes, one minor mentor item ;-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
nitrousnrg
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by nitrousnrg »

Thanks!
Marcos