OLV meta-data out of date!

OpenLogViewer is a cross-platform data log viewing application originally written by Gufi and new developed and maintained by Ben and Fred. Discuss all things OLV here!
Fred

OLV meta-data out of date!

Post by Fred »

I've been tiptoeing around breaking EMStudio and OLV as much as I can, however some areas have fallen out of date as "spare" xy and z got replaced by actual functions. Most of these don't matter much/at all, and all of the data is still there and displayed, just eroneously displayed with the wrong names, sometimes, for newer stuff.

Case in point, and this one *does* matter:

DF-Spare-7-decoderFlags-B7

This is actually OK_TO_SCHEDULE and when 0 NO outputs will fire. When 1, however, anything configured will be scheduled and fire.

This matters because while cranking, if you get a lost sync, and your confirmations are non-zero, you could have a long wait before OK_TO_SCHEDULE is 1 again, mean while you'll be looking at CamSync or CrankSync and seeing it as 1 and wondering why no outputs are being fired. This is why.

If in doubt about any OLV field marked "spare", let me know and I'll tell you what it really means (some are still spare).

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Fred

Re: OLV meta-data out of date!

Post by Fred »

Here's a screenshot of ULV showing why it matters:

Eventually OLV and ULV will be running from the same data source. ASAP, really. How soon possible is is hard to say, though.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!