ms datalogs

OpenLogViewer is a cross-platform data log viewing application originally written by Gufi and new developed and maintained by Ben and Fred. Discuss all things OLV here!
Hentai
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

ms datalogs

Post by Hentai »

So I noticed that I can't seem to load a datalog from tunerstudio after I already loaded one, I'll get no log loaded but the window title has changed to reflect the title of the datalog.

Also I was thinking that it maybe useful to have an option to put in a selectable gauge that way you don't allways have to mouse over to see the values in the area. Just move right of left and watch the values change.

I know fred said to check the issue tracker which I will.
Fred

Re: ms datalogs

Post by Fred »

This is a known issue, sorry about it, but the solution, for the time being, until I restructure the app properly, is to close it and reopen. My apologies. If you check the console that you start it from, you'll find some output about what happened. If you're not starting it from a console, for the time being, while developing it, I suggest that you do. I hope that helps :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
BenFenner

Post by BenFenner »

Yes, the app doesn't handle loading a second file very gracefully at all right now. My apologies. Fixing that is high on the list.

Right now, the plans for a major UI overhaul include the ability to view data from the center position in a dedicated display so you don't have to mouse-over to see data. Look for that to happen eventually. =]
Hentai

Post by Hentai »

I used OLV when I was asking questions and presenting data in this thread
http://www.efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7636

http://www.efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=48742#48742
I think also a legend on the main viewing page would be a good thing to have.

http://www.efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=48795#48795
A scale would be good, I would suggest taking the time and being able to load it as the X axis so you can see time wise how far each data point is from one to another.
Fred

Post by Fred »

10hz is fine, yeah, about that... :-/

They're right about scale and key, and also ZERO transients and tune basics first.

I ROFLed at the video :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
BenFenner

Post by BenFenner »

Hey Hentai seeing your (appropriate) avatar on that forum at first had me thinking I was in the wrong place. =D

The criticism of the application you've outlined is very fair, and those issues are well known. Again, after the UI overhaul all of those issues will be fixed. The program visually and for screen shots right now is so not ready for prime time. That is clear. Hopefully the folks on that forum can understand you're using a program that would be in its Alpha stages if it were a closed-source project. =D