OLV Now Has FULLSCREEN Mode! :-)

OpenLogViewer is a cross-platform data log viewing application originally written by Gufi and new developed and maintained by Ben and Fred. Discuss all things OLV here!
Fred

OLV Now Has FULLSCREEN Mode! :-)

Post by Fred »

Tested on win 7, deb, mac os x 10.6 and has a couple of minor bugs in it still, no big deal, though.

Give it a try, it's pretty impressive to have your traces in full screen mode :-)

Escape key = exit!

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
BenFenner
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: OLV Now Has FULLSCREEN Mode! :-)

Post by BenFenner »

I checked out the full screen mode. Top notch work there. I basically never use full screen mode on any application except video players, but it seems to work well.

A couple of things I noticed which you may already know about.

With multiple monitors, the full screen activates on the secondary monitor, regardless of which monitor the application is active in. Which seems to be a pretty solid bug to me.

Also just an FYI... With full screen mode and the gigantic log loaded and zoomed way out I am seeing a bit of lag where the mouse line cursor is lagging behind the mouse pointer. Not an issue, just letting you know I'm finally seeing some lag on my machine.

And is "Display" a common menu item on OSX or Linux flavors? Because on Windows, anything related to the display or how things are configured or viewed belongs in a menu item called "View". Typical menu items are "File", "Edit", "View", "Tools/Options", "Help".
What is it like on the other systems? Obviously we should match the system look and feel. However, I thought "View" was pretty universal. Because of that, I've made those changes to the code but will wait to commit them to my repo until I hear from you.

I'm so happy about the way you reorganized and got rid of the Options Pane menu item you don't even know. You moved Ctrl + Click stuff there too right? That's excellent. Although the color chooser menu has some stub text I think still right?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Thanks for the compliments! :-) Glad you like it, and yes, it works REALLY well, I'll be using it exclusively for any real work from now on :-)

Re multi monitors : http://issues.freeems.org/ report it.

load, nice, good to know :-) You'll be able to tell when it's improved, then.

Checking last paragraph now...
BenFenner
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by BenFenner »

Okay the lag exists even with small files loaded and zoomed in. So it's there all the time. Probably my weak-ass video card? No biggy.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Just poor rendering code. Don't worry about it, we'll sort it out later after the important shit is done :-)