Gimpy's F2T

Post your project vehicles here! One thread per vehicle please.
gimpy
QFP80 - Contributor

Gimpy's F2T

Post by gimpy »

Hi fellas,been skulkin here for a while now so I thought I'd join the party.The ride is a 90 B2200 Mazda pickup,engine is a F2T from a 89 probe gt ImageSorry about the lo res pic,don't think I have anything better yet.It's running on a MS2 V3bd,LC1 O2 senser,home built exh. manifold(if Fred can doit I should be able to! :) )5spd gear box (B2200) I'm maybe a little to proud of this cause I've built/ assembled it all myself including the adapter to flip the plenum around,the plate on the back of the head to do away with the disty(Ford EDIS ign.)am currently running a stock B2200 clutch,but I don't think its going to last long :o am tuning,shaking it down. It is supriseingly quick for a B2200,makes an intresting daliy driver.I don't know that I will add a lot to this formum,but I'll try.I'm a machinst by trade,work in injection molding,and some custom mold making(We build mom. switches for the video industry) most of my parts (plastic) fit in a 1 in cube,some bigger but not many.So lets go. Gimpy
Fred

Re: Gimpy's F2T

Post by Fred »

Good to see you posting :-)

What I keep telling everyone is this :

Bring your opinions! If you have experiences with your ms, motec, link, autronic, whatever ECU, tell us what you hate and what you love when it's appropriate info :-)

That alone is worth a lot.

Fred.

ps, post vids :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
gimpy
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by gimpy »

Thanks Fred I'll do that as I learn and time passes I'm sure,this is new to me :o (Do It Youself Injection)just discovered it in the last year.Gimpy P.S.I welcome any thoughts or comments,I'll only be P.O. for a little while,Life is too short for anything else.Gimpy
Fred

Post by Fred »

I'll tell you a secret : I've only installed the one MS2 on my truck. I spent less than 3 hours tuning it. I drove it for less than 2 weeks ;-) I just no code and understand physics well. Experience goes a long way though, so I'm keen to hear about whatever anyone experienced and incorporate those thoughts where possible. What does PO stand for?

Fred.
gimpy
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by gimpy »

Pissed Off ,Fred.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I'll consider myself educated a little better now :-) Is it intercooled? If so, is that an mx6 cooler stuffed in the cornerr? Looks like the plumbing goes across inside the radiator?
gimpy
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by gimpy »

Yep it is intercooled,a smallish one from a Saab 2.4l,piping runs across the bay between the engine and the radiator ,for short periods of boost the mani. air temp. stays about 10 to15 above ambient(F),am eyeing bigger ones we will see how it goes!Gimpy