LC Torana (in progress)

Post your project vehicles here! One thread per vehicle please.
longracing
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: LC Torana (in progress)

Post by longracing »

;) Well recognised. General Motors Holden based the design on the GM Chev Blue Flame six from the States. They came in a number of sizes 138ci, 149ci, 161ci, 173ci, 179ci, 186, 192ci to 202ci (3.3Litre), there are even a few that have been stroked out to 221ci using a Ford crankshaft. The straight sixes always seem to have a nice smooth exhaust note.

The performance versions came with extractors & triple SU or Weber carburetors in the GTR XU-1 Toranas. I was almost going to get an aftermarket EFI manifold that looks similar to triple Webers but the price was getting up around AUD$1500 with throttle-bodies.

They are a good little motor for giving a hard time and considering my dad had several spares out the back it was easy to get hold of. I have even considered turning one into a forced-induction two-stroke (there I go with the two-strokes again, mmmm high reving 3.3 litre two-stroke... )
gimpy
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: LC Torana (in progress)

Post by gimpy »

A 3.3 l two stroke? Awesome idea,would love to hear it "on the pipe" :mrgreen:
To beat a dead subject a little,my pop called those engines debt lifters,could rebuild one in a week end,and most of the folks who lived around us had a couple of them..
At any rate post pics if you go to the EFI settup,I'd like to see.
Gimpy