Well, the money hasn't changed hands (not much!) and the ownership papers are not processed (not fun), but this is highly likely to be mine soon:
Sigh. Never thought I'd see the day when I owned an SR20DE! But...
So, what to do with a car with bad bearings and semi-flat cam lobes? Hmmm, the possibilities! Let's see:
0) Change oil for moreys engine honey thick gooey shit and cross fingers DONE!
1) Teach my wife to drive in it with third party insurance and NO fear
2) Develop a FreeEMS decoder for it and possibly run it for giggles
3) Do bearings and cams or whole engine and flick off to some poor bastard
4) Recycle the whole car for scrap
5) Sell the *rough* 17s from it and recycle the balance for scrap
6) Brick on gas, wait for rod-exit, stage left!
7) Accidentally shift it from drive into reverse at 40kph DONE!
8) Drop it into drive at 3k and drag race my own Lantis out of the lights DONE!
(won the 60' too!)
Any other ideas welcome! :-p
The things you do for strangers out of the goodness of your heart that end up being a huge pain in the arse and costing you heaps.
- where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means FreedomFreeEMS.org
- the open source engine management systemFreeEMS dev diary
and its comments thread
and my turbo truck!n00bs
, do NOT
PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!