Off Road Buggy

Post your project vehicles here! One thread per vehicle please.
Ruffcut
TO220 - Visibile

Off Road Buggy

Post by Ruffcut »

Hello Everyone. First post so introducing my motor. I race and trial off road, in a modify land rover.

It is basically a '79 range rover chassis wheelbase shorten to 88", roll cage added and a light weight body fitted to dimensions of a series 1 land rover to be able to compete with certain clubs in the UK.
Rear axle is from a latter range rover with fine splines (stronger) and a 4 pin diff that is pegged.
front axle is from a early 110 (has the strongest standard CV) with conversion half shafts to take a fine spline diff as above.
Suspension is almost standard but with 12" fox shox on each corner and polly bushed.
Gearbox is a BW65 mated to a series transfer box.
Engine is rover V8 3.9, controlled by MSextra. Ford coil packs wasted spark. Using 36-1 trigger wheel grafted to front pulley.

I am here because I am not happy to my MS set up although it runs OK ish, the board is a mess with the mods required, the package is not ideal. My MS ECU has ended up in a second box to seal it water tight giving rise to more possible problems with more joints in wiring to go wrong and quite big also.

As always any suggestions on how to go better/faster/longer welcome

Peter