BMW 316 - year 1983
E30 3series - 2 Door coupe
Engine: 1.8l 4cyl
Color: Bronze Metallic
Wheels: BBS RZ15"1984 - 1985 318i M10B18 Engine Specs
(this is my build engine)
Configuration: Chain Driven SOHC Inline 4
Displacement: 1.8L 1766 cc/107.8 in³
Valves per cylinder: 2
Horsepower: 101 (75kW) @ 5800 [Valid? or 105hp]
Torque: 103 (140Nm) @ 4500
Bore: 89mm (3.5in)
Stroke: 71mm (2.79in) [Valid? or 80mm]
Stroke/bore ratio: 0.79
Compression ratio: 9.0:1 [Valid? or 9.3:1]
Mean piston speed: 2696.9 ft/min
Output per liter: 57hp
Rod length: 5.315 in [Valid?]
Rod big end bore: 52 mm / 2.047 in [Valid?]
Crank rod journal: 23.9 mm / .940 in [Valid?]
Fuel injection type: Bosch L-Jetronic
Firing order: 1-3-4-2
Fuel requirement: Unleaded 91 RON
Recommended plugs: Bosch WR9DS
Max. permissable engine speed: 6300 rpm
Max. continuous engine speed: 6000 rpm
- Crankshaft is spheroidal graphite cast iron. [Valid? or Crank is forged steel/heat treated?]
- Connecting rods are forged steel with replaceable three-component bearings.
- Pistons are also forged steel with small-end bearing offset.
- European Version: 1.8 L (1773 cc/108 in³) [Valid?]
- The 1.8 L (1766 cc/107 in³) M10b18 (also known as the M98) produced 90 hp (105hp with L-jetronic injection)(67 kW) and 137 ft·lbf (186 N·m). [Valid? M98 & 90hp]
- Cylinder block is special grey cast iron.
- Cylinder head is a light alloy with shrunk-in valve seats and guides.
- Valves are overhead; inclined in inverted V arrangement. [Valve clearance adjustment by means of eccentrics in rockers]
- Adjust valves to .008" or .20mm - inlet and exhaust. [for cold engine (coolant temp not above 35C/95F)]
- Valve gear is light alloy rockers with cill-cast pads and overhead camshaft
Had other e30 316 before this(not as good condition as this but I did regret selling). Now back to e30. Love this car.
My brother owned current car before me.
Both cars came with 1.8l engine with carburator. Once those carbs get into problems it's pointless to keep repairing it.
I have one m10b18 ripped apart & waiting for assemly and EMS.
Current engine on car has minor running issuses due to last breakdown (carb and broken valve rocker). Got deep into engines after that. Swapping current carb engine for M40B18(newer 1.8 engine) for few months until build engine with EMS is ready.Waiting forward to Jaguar 0.7
release - should happen pretty soon I guess.
Trying get engine running N/A with jaguar first. After that... going for boost.
Good short overview of m10 engines: http://www.fritzsbits.co.uk/shop/engines/Update:
Ordered Jaguar 0.7. Currently preparing engine for injection and Jaguar.
Injector resistance: 14.5 to 17.5 ohms.
Probably going for hall effect CAS. Will try to use old distributor for that.