94 ford ranger turbo build (many pictures)

Post your project vehicles here! One thread per vehicle please.
JareeB
QFP80 - Contributor

94 ford ranger turbo build (many pictures)

Post by JareeB »

i have decided that i could make a build thread over here.

plan: build a mild boosted Ford Lima 2.3l turbo making around 300whp and put it in my ranger. run it with FreeEMS

specs of my engine so far:
stock 100k mile turbo coupe longblock
mild port and polished head
a237 camshaft- its a Crane Cam
ported e6 manifold
stock ranger ported intake

i have an explorer 8.8" rearend with 3.73 gears lsd waiting to go in. along with black rock 941 16" by 8" rims

little history of the truck. paid $1600 for it with 164k miles on it. shortly after i started driving the truck everyday it developed a lean on the driver side, very common on rangers that the shackles get rusted and become weak. so i started fixing that problem and i ended up finding one leaf spring was broken and all the hangers and both shackles where junk. along with bad ball joints and a rusted out radius arm. i almost sold the truck i was so pissed off. but i priced out everything and it wasnt crazy expensive.

the day i bought the truck

best penetrating oil on the planet!

i also got a good deal on a djm lowering kit.
how it currently looks

let me know if the pictures dont work.

progress will be slow. i work full time job fixing cars and im going to college. really trying to have this at least boosted by mid summer!
Last edited by JareeB on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plans to build a 300whp turbo ford ranger with a 2.3l engine the ford lima!
current rig: 1994 ford ranger 2.3. good platform for my almost complete turbo engine. a237 cam, stock t3 turbo, ported and polished head. just needs some mangement!!
JareeB
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: 94 ford ranger turbo build (many pictures)

Post by JareeB »

plans to build a 300whp turbo ford ranger with a 2.3l engine the ford lima!
current rig: 1994 ford ranger 2.3. good platform for my almost complete turbo engine. a237 cam, stock t3 turbo, ported and polished head. just needs some mangement!!