Impregacy's 1985 Toyota Hilux 22R

Post your project vehicles here! One thread per vehicle please.
Impregacy
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: Impregacy's 1985 Toyota Hilux 22R

Post by Impregacy »

thank you Fred. Jaguar 0.6 seems like a nice board, but looks as though they are all spoken for. Onion board also looks good. Sorry, am noob, open to suggestions. Should I attempt hand etch like the bdm or have made? Looks to be about $70 to have made. El micro maybe? beats me.

edit: bangbug, thank you, subaru wrx seats actually, they are quite comfortable!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Jaguar 0.7-alpha is in the final stages, a significant batch of these can/will be made once ready.

You could do a hand etch if that tickles your fancy, but two sided home etches don't have through plating or silk screen and aren't that nice to work with.

It really depends on your time frame and rush factor. If you just can not wait, or do not want to wait, have a batch of 5 Jaguar's made by seeed studio and distribute the balance at cost as per the most recent licensing setup. There is a spare OnionBoard which you could get from MrOnion for a minor sum of money, but they require a CPU card, which are 115usd+postage IIRC. If you can wait and are willing to wait, get an 0.7-alpha Jaguar once Andy is ready to smash out that release.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Impregacy
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by Impregacy »

okay Fred. Looks like I will have time to wait for 0.7 as the USBDM is giving me trouble.

I can get as far as windows recognizing the JS16 chip in bootloader mode, and freescale bootloader GUI sees it, but then 4 different firmwares come with the USBDM software and the hardware I built doesn't seem to match any of them. BTW they are .sx files which cannot be changed to .s19 files unless in Linux it seems this tip might save others a great deal of frustration--the freescale bootloader GUI will not recognize .sx. I tried loading all 4 firmware with no success each time. Chip seems to stay in a mass erased state now as I no longer need to keep the BLMS pin low for the GUI to see it.

Edit Update: Got the USBDM working this morning. Will leave the rant above in case it helps others. These were my stumbling blocks:

-You don't need the Freescale GUI, just the USB drivers that come with it--to see the bootloader on the JS16
-Use the flash loader that comes with USBDM software to load the firmware "USBDM_JS16CWJ_V4" for Andys hardware. These are .sx files so the Freescale program wont even identify them as stated above.
-Unplug remove boot jumper then plug back in, now use the USBDM drivers that come with USBDM software.
-In Linux you have to run the HCS12 programmer as root to detect the USBDM

Impregacy
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by Impregacy »

Got this 36-1 bad boy on ebay for only $15 shipped--some sorf of overstock situation I guess.

I think I can easily adapt this to the engine and the sensors are only about $18 new.
Impregacy
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by Impregacy »

Got some free samples from Freescale--suckers. I might try home etching a Jaguar--it will probably turn out crappy, but I don't want to pay a PCB service right now. Plus it is -14 F outside, so I have nothing better to do.