1983 Sierra XR4i

Post your project vehicles here! One thread per vehicle please.
AiToR51
QFP80 - Contributor

1983 Sierra XR4i

Post by AiToR51 »

I've bought this "car" recently. It was no expensive but it needs a lot of love :lol2: Is not for road use. It will be for trackday use and similar things. For the moment It has a 2.8 V6 12v engine with K-jetronic fuel injection (no ecu) with no more than 150 bhp.

I think first I will repair the body and then I will swap the engine probably for a 2.9 V6 24v I have still in house with around 210bhp and install a FreeEMS :P

PS: The car was used only one race. 4 hour race with another cars in autocross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spgBoowSmhk
Sierra XR4i 2.0T
JareeB
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: 1983 Sierra XR4i

Post by JareeB »

be can of the XRs. id swap in a ford lima 2.3t engine.
plans to build a 300whp turbo ford ranger with a 2.3l engine the ford lima!
current rig: 1994 ford ranger 2.3. good platform for my almost complete turbo engine. a237 cam, stock t3 turbo, ported and polished head. just needs some mangement!!
Fred

Post by Fred »

jajajaja Aitor, tu eres un "worry" :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
DaWaN
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by DaWaN »

Perfect donor for a Cosworth BOA / BOB engine swap, the engine should bolt up to the manual gearbox.

I have looked into Ford Sierra XR4i's as they are the perfect donor for a Cosworth BOA / BOB engine.
The Cosworth V6 is very cheap and easy to find, but they were only available with an automatic gearbox in the Scorpio.
As far as I know only the Sierra XR4i has a suitable manual gearbox for the engine, but Sierra's have become very rare in the Netherlands after 2005 :)

Back in 2006 I bought a Sierra 2.0 DOHC for 250 euro, but I did not have a driving licence so I kept it on the yard for one year. Ofcourse I tried skidding it around the yard!
When I got my driving licence in 2007 I was unable to get insurance for the thing (120bhp for a 18 year old was a no-go) and also the tax was quite high. So I sold it again for 250 euros a year later. Sometimes I regret selling it, because I never drove it on the road. Because of owning one I the past I still like Sierra's very much :D