Well I've found a lot wrong with this car and lost heart a bit but I'm working on it again.
Fixing one always reveals 10 other things that need fixing.
For example, I replaced the headlight switch and added some relays. While there I noticed some dodgy wiring for the electric windows with an unfused connection direct from the battery. I opened up the left door where the window had never worked properly.
1. The inner weatherstrip was missing.
2. The wiring was incorrectly routed and loose inside the door getting entangled in the mechanism
3. The glass was not original and too thick for the guides
4. the glass was not tempered auto safety glass.
5. The glass was mounted skew on the base plate.
6. The height adjuster screw was stuck solid (might have been welded from the inside) requiring drilling out and re-tapping.
All on one little door window.
I was unable to find a local replacement (international shipping costs are crazy) so had one made. Works great.