Ivan's stable

Post your project vehicles here! One thread per vehicle please.
ivan141
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: Ivan's stable

Post by ivan141 »

Finally found the time to mount the new cam sensor..
It's big, it's ugly, but it works.

As said.. it's an ATS675 sensor with protection circuitry potted in what used to be a bit of broom handle.
We epoxied it to a thin metal bracket and then epoxied another layer of metal on top to make it a little more sturdy.
I was afraid of what welding heat would do to the polyurethane so gluing seemed the more sensible way to go.

Still need to aluminum solder some nuts to the valve cover for the sensor mount bolts. I threaded the holes for now but it
doesn't amount to much being 1,5-2mm thick aluminum.
I'll give everything a lick of paint once that's done.
FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Love the use of broom handle in your build! :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
ivan141

Post by ivan141 »

Been busy piecing together the remaining parts for this engine to be able to run a standalone.
In the sensor department the only things missing are a TPS sensor and a VR sensor conditioner.
The latter I will be making myself, the former would have to be sourced from a Volvo 850 according
to most everyone who did a standalone conversion on a B21 and posted about it on the interwebs.
Problem with that type of sensor is that it's orientation is totally off for a 240/360 throttlebody
and needs an adapter plate to work.

Yesterday I was working in the lockup, looking for the old B21ET throttle body to see if I could use it
as a valve for an exhaust sidepipe when a mate of mine steps up with a volvo 240 throttlebody in hand
so I could spare myself the trouble. Maybe 20 minutes later I am helping another friend lifting the head
of his damaged 2T-G when I spot a toyota TPS sensor in one of his parts bins. Asked if I could try it out for
size and it just fits as good as OEM. Love it when the universe throws a bit of good fortune my way.
The TPS turns out to be an E10 corolla item, about the most easy car to find cheap used parts for.

For the rest I cleaned up the fuel rail and did an overhaul of the Saab 9-5 injectors (ultrasonic cleaning + new filters etc).
Now all I need is a shitload of automotive connectors so I can start building a harness.
FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
ivan141

Post by ivan141 »

Okay.. just had a go at the tps with my multimeter.. and it's actually just a switch :(
Will be trying some other toyota stuff though.. I'm pretty sure my 4AGE has a real TPS.
FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!