Tony's ongoing bike projects.

Post your project vehicles here! One thread per vehicle please.
Tony
QFP80 - Contributor

Tony's ongoing bike projects.

Post by Tony »

Here is some pics of what i have been working on for the last few years.

This is my bike its a 2000 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 the motor is stock except for a .080 spacer plate to lower the compression and re indexed intake cam .

The turbo kit i built it has a hybrid T4/T3 57 trim with a .70ar twin flow ex housing with a 38mm (ebay special) wastegate 42lb secondary injectors mounted in the plenum it had a MS controlling the secondaries but over the winter i built a Interface setup that plugs into the stock harness and runs the whole motor including running the secondaries in the plenum i havent drove it yet (im still finishing up the wiring inside the MS and my board i made) but running it on the lift it sounds real good so far.

This is an old pic of the plenum im changing it this summer to a W/A intercooler set i make with laminove intercooler cores it should prove to be much better than the current setup.

This is the Interface board i made up over the winter to plug into the stock harness and allow the MS to run the bike im still in the testing stages right now to see how well it works i have 3 other guys right now that will be receiving a board from me to test with to see if there are any bugs to be worked out.

Fred

Re: Tony's ongoing bike projects.

Post by Fred »

WOW, that is seriously cool :-)

Did you solder the SMD stuff yourself?

I think you are too modest! :-)

Thank you for posting that up! VERY nice!

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Tony
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by Tony »

Thanks for the compliments.

Yeah i solder all the SMD stuff here this was my very first board i ever made i never even used any PCB software before this and this was my first major hand at any SMD stuff ( i done some before this, but not near this much) .

I actually prefer SMD to through hole now that i have done it tons faster when your switching out resistors caps ,ect plus i was able to fit alot more on the 6x4 in. board with SMD than i would have been able too with through hole components.

The hardest part of the whole thing was sourcing the connectors that the stock Denso ECU used this was a MAJOR part of the design and luckily i found a guy over on the MS site who helped me out on ordering them for me .
Fred

Post by Fred »

Mate, you leave me for DEAD. VERY nice stuff! :-)

Glad to have you here!

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Tony
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by Tony »

LOL Hey im glad i found this place the stuff you guys are doing with the processor is over may head but im going to order the adapt board if just to see the pretty lights blink.

Im still reading through the manual for the processor and i downloaded a C compiler and IDE from the site that sells the adapt board (i have no idea if its even a IDE or compiler that will work or not) in anticipation of burning something up .LOL