Gimpy's ITB's

Post your project vehicles here! One thread per vehicle please.
gimpy
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: Gimpy's ITB's

Post by gimpy »

longracing wrote:Great looking manifold & throttlebodies.
What size injectors are you using?
Thank you.

30 lb/hr(around 275 cc/min)
longracing wrote:I was considering doing something similar but ended up buying a Holley/Weiand Stelth-Ram manifold. I might have to modify or manufacture a new plenum to get it to fit under the bonnet though.
I have hung on to the TPI plenum as a backup in case I can't make this work,but should have plenty of space,these air cleaners clear the hood by an inch(26 mm) at the lowest point

Gimpy
gimpy
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by gimpy »

Fred wrote:
gimpy wrote:Actually, first fire up the idle was terrible(added a quarter of in. to a stress crack in the drivers side fender[mud guard to the NZ])after much goofing with balance,I made a "Unisyn" & discovered that one throttle shaft had been cut with the flats out of alignment by a degree or so.A new shaft fixed this.It is a whole lot easier to balance then an under 1 liter, but balance is still very critical.Before balance the mani vac. gauge tried to beat the stop pins out of itself,but carries a fairly solid 10 inches of HG now (at idle) but vanishes as soon as it gets any throttle.Has made tuning a bear!!
For the idle balance, you could add some tubes to share the flow across, this will help with minor differences. I think 4age's have this from factory by way of a factory vacuum manifold that runs across all of them for brake booster use. Obviously at larger flows you'll need it to be correct or very close, though.

Multi map, if it contains circuits to select map for you, will make life better for sure.

MS3 *must* have blended alphan/map mode, use it, if you want the car running nice... :-)

As for mercury, what is that in kPa?

Fred.
I'm sorry about this Fred,I missed it when I read your post, and am imperially minded,it idles @ 60 kpa.
Gimpy
Fred

Post by Fred »

No worries, Gimpy! I still owe you a reply to that last post, it's still open in my browser along with a dozen PMs and half a dozen other threads... the life of a busy man is never dull :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Fred

Post by Fred »

gimpy wrote:By chips I mean I'll cut metal,I assume that I need X windows, with a smaller or absent window to indicate no. 1 to the ecu.I had not thought about running only a CAS,neat!!!
Sorry for the SLOW reply, this thread has been open in my browser since the post which this quote came from was made...

http://status.freeems.org/firmware/decoders/FreeEMS/

This may need multiple revisions to function correctly with a Mitsi housing. If you want to do some testing for me, I'm happy to work with you remotely. It should work as-is with a Nissan housing, though, or with slight tweaks. I have the DXFs, just let me know if you want them and I'll update the site with them.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!