For Sale: Jaguar 0.4-alpha boards [ALL SOLD! OBSOLETE!]

If you want to sell that old MegaSquirt or Link hardware, here's the place to try.
Fred

Re: For Sale: Jaguar 0.4-alpha boards

Post by Fred »

First professional_style FreeEMS production run!? :-) Nice work, Andy!
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
andg
SOT-223 - Salvaje

Post by andg »

I came here for the BOM for option 2 buyers and completely missed it on post 29 because I couldn't look away from the beauty of the pictures. Thank you Andy! PS, can I get a pic of the DB-37 hooked up to the board, I don't know how easy that would be, but if at some point you have it out of either the Duece or S10 I'd really appreciate a visual.

Code: Select all

{url: andrewgauger.com, skype: andrgaug, email: andg@andrewgauger.com, car: 25, fb: facebook.com/DonatoArrighi, github: andg.github.io, assets:https://s3.amazonaws.com/3400}
Fred

Post by Fred »

I'd recommend that you use an OEM connector or a molex minifit jnr connector, not a DB37 (or other count), why? Because the pitch is too fine for the wire that you need to connect to them IMO. IE, either the wiring sucks, the connectivity sucks, or everything sucks, when you use a DB37. The plugs/sockets themselves rarely cause issues, though.
DeuceEFI
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by DeuceEFI »

All of the Jaguar 0.4-alpha boards have been shipped as of this morning. :-)
DeuceEFI
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by DeuceEFI »

For anyone who purchased a Jaguar 0.4-alpha board, here are the instructions in case you want to use the Freescale SMD AAP / MAP sensor that will allow you to correct the trace routing mistake:

Jaguar 0.4-alpha SMD MAP / AAP sensor modifications:

for the MAP sensor:
1. Slice the traces from pad #1 on both sides of the pad, the side that goes to R13 and the side that goes to the MAP wire connection pad.
2. Slice the trace from pad #2 to ground.
3. Slice the trace from pad #3 which goes to the 5v wire connection pad. On the SMD side of the board near the bottom of the "M" in MAP, slice the trace from the via hole, this is the 5v supply to the MAP sensor.

To connect the SMD MAP sensor, you will need to route the following with fine gauge wire (ie: wire wrap insulated wire):
1. Pad #2 is the 5v supply to the MAP sensor, you can pick this up from the anode (banded end) of the diode near the C21 silkscreen.
2. Pad #3 is the ground connection to the MAP sensor, you can pick this up from the cathode end of the diode near the C23 silkscreen.
3. Pad #4 is the MAP signal from the MAP sensor, you can connect this to the bottom of R13 (so it is routed through R13, the current limiting resistor.

for the AAP sensor:
1. Slice the trace on the SMD side of the board that goes to the via for pad #1 this goes to the ungrounded side of C54 on the SMD side of the PCB.
2. Slice the trace on the TH side of Pad #2 that connects it to ground, then slice the trace from the pad #2 via on the SMD side (make sure to do this as close to the via as possible, or drill out the via) you don't want to damage the trace on the SMD side that runs from lead #3 of Q12 to the tiny 3 lead SMD variable Zener diode. You will need to connect Q12 lead #3 to ground by soldering a jumper wire to one of the ground pads close by.
3. Slice the trace on the TH side of Pad #3 that routes to C53.

To connect the SMD AAP sensor, you will need to route the following with fine gauge wire (ie: wire wrap insulated wire):
1. Pad #2 is the 5v supply to the AAP sensor, you can pick this up from the non-grounded side of C53.
2. Pad #3 is the ground connection to the AAP sensor, you can pick this up from the ground side of C54 or C53 (either one).
3. Pad #4 is the AAP signal from the AAP sensor, you can connect this to the non-grounded side of C54 or the R95 pad closest to the AAP sensor (either one).
the.laughing.man
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by the.laughing.man »

Hi,
I'm interested in buying a Jaguar 0.4-alpha board. I'll most probably be going for Option#2.
Do you happen to have a kit left?

Regards,
Sriram
Fred

Post by Fred »

0.4-alpha is long dead, the rise of 0.6-alpha is imminent! viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2176