I'd like to add something to this. Something that I'm somewhat expert in, having done it wrongly many, many, times myself.Images per page!
Or, more accurately, bandwidth per page...
Examples of OK:
- 1 HUGE image is fine. (provided that it's a compressed jpeg or sparse png)
- 10 1280x1280 images are fine.
- 20 1024x1024 images are fine.
Examples of NOT
- 10 HUGE images are NOT fine.
- 100 1280x1280 images are NOT fine.
- 200 1024x1024 images are NOT fine.
If you indulge in these, you will get your post vandalised in order to remove the hazard ASAP. Posts will be locked and you can ask for them to be unlocked once you have your size/quantity in order.
Note, this is per page. If you have 20 or so to post, split them over multiple posts in order to keep the per page
numbers down to a reasonable level. This strategy doesn't work for HUGE images, though. If it's more than just one or maybe two, resizing appropriately is mandatory.
BMP images are almost never fine, either.
This is a basic courtesy to your fellow users. I know we can all get a bit excited sometimes, and some of us are the lazy side of go, but do your friends
a favour and do the right thing.
If you see someone else doing this before I do, do them a favour and link them here.
- where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means FreedomFreeEMS.org
- the open source engine management systemFreeEMS dev diary
and its comments thread
and my turbo truck!n00bs
, do NOT
PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!