Americans: Stop CISPA and SOPA and PIPA!

News and other information will be placed here for you.
Robb
TO220 - Visibile

Re: Americans: Stop CISPA and SOPA and PIPA!

Post by Robb »

Fred wrote:SOPA and PIPA got stopped, and apparently that president that they have could still stop CISPA, let's all hope so.

You cannot expect this president (or any US politician) to mean what they do, and do as they say. Obama proved himself last dec. when he SWORE he would not sign NDAA into law. What did he do? Under the cover of darkness, on New Year's eve, signed the shit into law. Just as he re-upped the "Patriot Act" after criticizing it during his campaign. Fucking worthless.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... -now-what/

The US two-party system is fundamentally flawed, along with the fact that it is far too simple for the rich to control the gov't here. A large number of fat lazy americans are beginning to understand this very simple concept. A revolution is inevitable at this point. Just a matter of time.
DSMECU
92 Plymouth Laser RS AWD
87 RX7 GXL, LR4 turbo swap forthcoming
ender11
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by ender11 »

Looking around I can't see any organisation which will promote my interests. I go to elections, all the candidates are... garbage. somebody I don't know. And I know they will not work. sometimes make some noise, criticizing gas price or road laws, but effectively accept what given. with their term increased they will not be real public agency, but a bunch of.. whatever.
those novell anti-terrorism, anti-extremism, copyright, juvenal laws made some weird political elite, and receiving support from political elite. that's how it works.
Thaniel
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by Thaniel »

Fred wrote:Because it's the largest single body of English speaking people in the world? England has to be second, and they knock out quite a lot of good TV/movies too. English content gets translated to other languages in bulk, such as here in Spain where *everything* is dubbed. The reverse is not really true for whatever reason, where only the cream gets done, and typically to a higher quality.

I agree with you, though. Just look at the farce happening in NZ with Kim Dotcom and our push over police :-(
I'm thinking if the entertainment industry wants to bock out foreign websites then they shouldn't be allowed to make money in those countries. Hypocritical I think. And I do wish more countries would make music and films in their local language. just seem strange to me to be traveling in Europe and hear American music. I was at a christmas party in Sweden and the local band was playing "sweet home Alabama". It just didn't fit. Rambling now. I'll go back to reading about cars and computers.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I've heard NZ music playing over the speakers in shops in several countries :-) It just made me smile. I quite like sweet home Alabama too, though I've not been to that state! :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Peter
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by Peter »

Good song, not that great of a state. I personally try to avoid the south. The Top Gear episode where the cast takes a road trip across the south is probably the best summary of why. Even though I would've taken their side in the civil war. The civil war wasn't fought over slavery, that was just a face that the feds could put on the war to get the public's support, it was fought over the states selling cotton to Spain without the Feds taxing it. You can't have a big government that oppresses it subjects without lots of tax dollars.
:-p