Another EMS - PIC32 project

Free and Open Source Engine Management discussions excluding more specific things on this board.
longracing
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Another EMS - PIC32 project

Post by longracing »

Found this when I was on the Microchip website

http://dev.vernonjohnson.net/myPIC32/default.htm

It's a ECU project based on the PIC32 digital signal processor.

And after reading several hundred pages of information I have placed an order for a PICKit 2 and will start "getting my hands dirty" with microcontrollers. I'm going to learn a lot more when I put theory into practice.
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Re: Another EMS - PIC32 project

Post by jharvey »

I took a quick look, and I'm a bit of a skeptic. He's got a board layout, and some software with very little testing of either. Also appears he hasn't released his design yet, so it's hard to look at specifics. I should probably double check, but didn't the PIC32 have a very narrow temperature range? I seem to recall it wants 70F / 20C and nothing else. If I recall that right, it might be buggered from the get go.

If you're looking for places to start with the PIC32, this is likely a good place to start.
longracing
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: Another EMS - PIC32 project

Post by longracing »

I should clear that up a bit. I had a quick look and thought I'd post it up for anyone to have a look for interest sake. it looks like he's only got it running with a stimulator and bread board at the moment.

I only purchased the PICKit 2 programmer, Low pin count Demo board and a couple of 8-bit PIC's to start playing around with and learning to program. I'm aiming to make a Battery Charge Management Controller for a work project. I think I'll leave the hardcore coding to the others ;)
Hopefully this will help me to understand what they are doing a bit better though.