Help to choose a wideband AFR controller

Free and Open Source Engine Management discussions excluding more specific things on this board.
molak
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: Help to choose a wideband AFR controller

Post by molak »

Hentai wrote:NGK AFX with NTK sensor
Seriously ??? a trim-pot calibrated controller ?

9-16 range... No serial , no configuration of any kind ... a single 0-5v output
Hentai
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by Hentai »

molak wrote:
Hentai wrote:NGK AFX with NTK sensor
Seriously ??? a trim-pot calibrated controller ?

9-16 range... No serial , no configuration of any kind ... a single 0-5v output
Yes Seriously
toalan
Wideband Wizard

Post by toalan »

I benched a new AFX unit using my lab gas, it was garbage in terms of accuracy.
E4ODnut
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by E4ODnut »

I have a DIY WB controller, NTK UEGO sensor with a Tech Edge display, about 9 years old in my Van. It's on it's second sensor but has been in service for about 100,000km. I have a slightly newer Tech Edge OZDIY controller, NTK UEGO sensor and display in the motor home. It is about 6 years old, original sensor, but only has been in service for about 30,000 KM. I also have two Innovate LC1s with Bosch sensors in the boat. They are a couple of years old and have about 50 hours on them.

The DIY WB takes about a minute to get up to operating temperature before it will report values. The OZDIY slightly less. The LC1s take about 30 seconds. I have no idea how accurate any of them are. Has anyone done any serious testing?
Robert
1995 Ford E150, 300 CID I6, Custom MS1-Extra, Custom semi-auto E4OD trans controller
1992 Winnebago 33 RQ, Ford 460 CID V8, Custom MS1-Extra, Custom semi-auto E4OD trans controller
1993 Bayliner 3288, Twin Ford 351 CID Windsors, Converted to tuned port programmable EFI, Custom MS1-Extra
Mister_Fitz
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by Mister_Fitz »

I'm also looking for a wide band lambda controller.
Important features for me is:
A display that can show Lambda, not only AFR.
An analog out put with high resolution which also has a separate signal ground.
High accuracy.
Fast response time.

If the unit has a logging function with rpm and analog inputs it is a good feature, but lambda sensor performance is the only important feature.

The unit will at first be used in carburetor and mechanical fuel injection application. Later on perhaps in some EFI applications.

I would very much like to get some recommendations on units that might be suitable:)
If it is possible I also would like to se facts on why one recommended unit is better then the other.

BR
Johan