Manage Common rail diesel

Free and Open Source Engine Management discussions excluding more specific things on this board.
masterkorp
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: Manage Common rail diesel

Post by masterkorp »

This is also of my interest, not at the moment but in the future. I will be taking "the long hard trail" where Fred will be my recovery gear to help get unstuck.

PS: Their build thread is worth reading tough, might not be in the same opinion on some stuff but I don't like to point when I a not absolutely sure,
molak
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: Manage Common rail diesel

Post by molak »

bradtpt wrote:Hi Robotman, if you take a look at some of the work Ruud Visser from the Netherlands has been doing with his own custom injector driver boxes using control from an Adaptronic e1280s ECU you will see there is an alternative option for controlling the modern CR diesel engine to using the OEM systems. Unfortunately it's not a cheap option however to the best of my knowledge it's the only alternative available.

This thread on the Adaptronic forum is worth having a read through detailing their Scania truck puller they compete with.

A bit of a look over at Ruud's website at http://adaptronic.nl/ will show you some of the different types of CR diesel engines they have successfully controlled.

I don't mean for this to come across like an advert, there's very little if any information about doing complete stand alone control of Diesel engines so I thought this post might at least show that it is possible.
Advert or not great info!!

Sometime ago I was looking for an aftermarket ECU for CR to tune a Toyota Hilux for the Dakar. I ended up using a piggyback ...