Help polish the giant list of EMS options.

Free and Open Source Engine Management discussions excluding more specific things on this board.
BenFenner
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Help polish the giant list of EMS options.

Post by BenFenner »

Hey folks, when I first dived into engine management I had no idea what my options were. If I had more guidance then, I probably could have avoided a lot of trial and error. Because of that I've made what is supposed to be an all encompassing list of EMS options worldwide. The list is a little bit Nissan SR20 centric, but that is not really it's intent. Right now I don't know of any other list like it. It tries to demystify and consolidate all of the available options.

It is an okay list, but I know it is severely lacking in details for a lot of things. A lot of places are just stubs, and I'm sure there are EMS solutions in existence that are not listed. That's where you come in. I'd love it if people familiar with some of these systems could fill in some of the blanks. I believe this information helps our project by lowering the barrier to entry for EMS solutions and providing a place for equal comparison across all options.

Here is the link to the list: http://www.sr20-forum.com/information-l ... rison.html

Please provide any information you can. If you've noticed I've left off a system you've worked with or are very familiar with, go ahead and let me know. If there are any known reliability or bug issues with a EMS I have listed please let me know. You get the idea.
Last edited by BenFenner on Wed May 23, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fred

Re: Help polish the giant list of EMS options.

Post by Fred »

Especially, though, if you spot something inaccurate, help Ben fix it. Bad info is worse than no info :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Hentai

Post by Hentai »

Electromotive several different units
Tec 3r, Tec GT, Tec S
Current software is Wintec4
Tec S is their 4 cylinder seq unit
Tec GT is 6 cylinder seq unit
Tec 3r can do 8 cylinder seq that I"m aware of.
communications is rs232
Recommended their 60-2 crank trigger wheel but they have different options and can use a cam sensor as well for seq fuel.
Igintion is wasted spark.

they can do SD and Alpha N and TPS\SD blend
They can also use a MAF sensor but only as a load device not as true airflow modeling with maf.
Hentai

Post by Hentai »

you are missing proefi, vipec, link, pectel,