Diesel ECU

Free and Open Source Engine Management discussions excluding more specific things on this board.
jomac_uk
TO92 - Vaguely active

Re: Diesel ECU Jaguar 2.0L Turbo

Post by jomac_uk »

I am not sure if i have posted in the wrong place or not,forgive me if i have and point me in the right direction....

I am restoring a vintage Bedford CF Motorhome and i want to fit a Jaguar 2.0L Turbo Diesel to it. I have been searching (Without much success) for a basic ECU to manage the engine. I am not looking for serious performance, but economy with the least amount of sensors required, and the easiest to set up. The injector system is the 12v Delphi.

I am pretty hot on hardware and can swing a soldering iron with the best of them, but software is a different ball game.

I've seen an ECU done by a Finnish guy, but unfortunately his project runs with the Bosch pump and injectors.

I have 2 Jaguar cars and any development work could be done with one of those. I am also reasonably good at research and wont be a burden on anyone giving advice. I would probably just need the odd pointer here and there.

Thanking you in advance,
John
I started with absolutely nothing and still have most of it left
Fred

Re: Diesel ECU

Post by Fred »

Bump from the dead, but probably as good a place as any.

Try getting in touch with Baldur of controls.is - his DSL1 device may work for you, but perhaps you'll need to retrofit the injection hardware from another engine to use it. Diesel tech is quite fickle.

You'll find his contact details on his website, here: https://controls.is/

If anyone can help you, it's probably him.

I would say, though, if you can keep the stock ECU to run it, that'd be the easiest route - just need to understand the loom and sensor requirements to trick it into being happy :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!