3/8 BSP water jacket bung: 20.5mm overall, 20 of thread, 12 hanging out, 8mm engaged
1/4 BSP oil gallery bung: 19.5mm overall, 19 of thread, 12 hanging out, 7mm engaged
water pump/alternator end, small oil gallery bung will be very close to 240 style alternator mount
opposite end hangs out behind flywheel/flex plate, but should be miles clear with 37mm from journal to face of end of crank inc stock spacer
oil feed gallery is recessed and will be difficult to weld, but hanging out with a hex on the end is a big plus for this one. May be worth oversizing it, though Josh says a resounding no.
Also got the old girl out in the sunshine, gave it a good degrease, water blasted away the remaining loose oil/dirt on the outside, and any oil/oiliness on the inside, then applied a bunch of old school nasty caustic oven cleaner to it on every surface and let it sit for half an hour, then gave it a rub here and there with my gloved fingers, and another water blast. Came out good! Sprayed it down inside and out with CRC/WD40 to prevent post cleaning rust occuring, and it sort of did anyway, but cleaned off really easily. Then gave it a drill/3M roloc pad clean up on the block deck edges, and front cover mating surface. All oily and ready for lovin again.https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 6247697408https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 5792108545https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 9600116736https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 1557902336https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 7520681984https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 5448157184https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 9055626240https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 6001018880https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 5955187712https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 6718137344https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 5116888064https://twitter.com/FredCookeNZ/status/ ... 5999220736
Stuff I'd like to or need to do:
1) Remove two bungs from rear end of block
2) Clean a little more carbon off in places (rear end of block innards, under 240 dizzy location, webs)
3) Clean out galleries more
4) Drill/tap block for oil feed and drain
5) Acid soak the water jackets
6) Round file ream out and scrape off the rust layer in the jackets
7) Paint stripper to remove last of the red
8) Mock ups of auxiliary gear for car
9) Clean aux shaft with oven cleaner
10) Clean crank with oven cleaner
1) Bores honed the right way
2) Perhaps bore feed passage to 13mm? Likely not.
3) Crank polish, ONLY if it won't take it undersize
more? not sure. Too late at night...
Old list(s): viewtopic.php?p=43395#p43395
- where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means FreedomFreeEMS.org
- the open source engine management systemFreeEMS dev diary
and its comments thread
and my turbo truck!n00bs
, do NOT
PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!