Let me introduce myself

Keep the fun and games in here for now please :-)
gross polluter
TO220 - Visibile

Let me introduce myself

Post by gross polluter »

Hello all,

I was introduced to this forum by 8InchesFlacid. I have been running MS2/E on my vehicle for the last 5 months and have been extremely happy with it, because I was able to figure out my way around it. I have not, however, been happy with the "open source" spirit that it was originally intended to have. Least to say, I was excited to hear about this project.

I have a good amount of knowledge in electronics, nothing too extensive, but enough to build my own MS and create circuits for it. I have done a little bit of work with Mitsubishi 6111 processors which are very similar to Motorola 68HC11 processors. The 6111 is used in DSM ECUs. I did quite a bit of tinkering with the factory code in both modifying and making code to make use of the unused outputs. I also have a fair knowledge of EFI strategies, enough to make my car run well. I also do fab work and welding where needed on my projects, and have also done a little bit of welding for 8InchesFlacid.

I fully support this project, and would be more than willing to help out where I can. I've been breifed a little bit on it so I'm going to take a look around and get a good feeling of what's going on.
Fred

Re: Let me introduce myself

Post by Fred »

Awesome, welcome aboard :-)

Thank you very much for saying hello, very much appreciated.

I was going to PM you when I saw your name and ask (because it's by invite only at the moment), but I looked at your site, saw the rx7 and did a 2+2 with what Flacid said about staging on a rota box :-)

Sounds like you will be another valuable addition to the team :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
ababkin
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by ababkin »

Welcome!

We need fresh meat with fresh brains :D

feel free to take a look around and leave your feedback

Alex
Legal disclaimer for all my posts: I'm not responsible for anything, you are responsible for everything. This is an open and free world with no strings attached.
BSLYDN
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by BSLYDN »

afternoon ladies and gentlemen

seems to be the intro thread

my name is alex - frequent megasquirter