Road rage incidents/idiot driving thread

Keep the fun and games in here for now please :-)
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Re: Road rage incidents/idiot driving thread

Post by AbeFM »

I'll agree, the best place for an idiot is ahead of you. I can't argue that. It does prolong things significantly - if you think he'll let you go, leave. Otherwise you just have to stay back and wait - normally in 2 minutes they've forgotten and you have a 60% chance of sneaking by anyway.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Clearly I drive much differently to you guys. I constantly pass virtually all other cars always, to "stay behind them" is to reduce my average road speed by 20 - 50%... Simply not an option for me really.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
GrowlingandBiffo
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by GrowlingandBiffo »

Fred wrote:Clearly I drive much differently to you guys. I constantly pass virtually all other cars always, to "stay behind them" is to reduce my average road speed by 20 - 50%... Simply not an option for me really.
Perhaps this statement indicates why you are our leader...
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Post by AbeFM »

Fred wrote:Clearly I drive much differently to you guys. I constantly pass virtually all other cars always, to "stay behind them" is to reduce my average road speed by 20 - 50%... Simply not an option for me really.
Heh - there's a big difference between what to do with someone who really, genuinely is trying to hit your car, and what to do in day-to-day traffic.

Also, "sneaking past" is a lot easier on freeways which are as wide as yours are long. :-)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Point was, they'd have a bloody hard time catching up to hit me ;-) I once passed an unmarked cop on the auckland harbour bridge and didn't notice him after me for about 1km. I wasn't trying to get away, but he was having a hard time catching up. I asked him where he saw me when he had me pulled over, that's how I know where. If I'd known, I could certainly have vanished lol.
8InchesFlacid wrote:Also, "sneaking past" is a lot easier on freeways which are as wide as yours are long. :-)
Ya know, that's not far from the truth! And ya know what else, I bloody like it like that!!!!

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!