Fred says GOOD BYE and GOOD RIDDANCE to RSI

Keep the fun and games in here for now please :-)
Fred

Fred says GOOD BYE and GOOD RIDDANCE to RSI

Post by Fred »

With his "flash" new desk extension! My I present :

About bloody time. I should have done it much sooner. My left wrist is rather sore at the moment but it's a lot better typing on this at the correct height (or closer to it).

Building it was kinda fun. I used a router, table saw and sash cramps. Big heavy noisy power tools FTW.

In other news, this ran down my wall last night :

They are apparently harmless, but they are also kinda freaky looking things. I don't know where it went now. I think I might be scared when I go to sleep tonight Image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvestman

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
davebmw
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: Fred says GOOD BYE and GOOD RIDDANCE to RSI

Post by davebmw »

Cool desk! now you only have the usual excuse for sore wrists :lol2:

Those dopey bloody harvestmen we have lots of them here too, they are like the poor relation to real spiders the happy shopper spider no venom or web making abilities!
I hate spiders its the only thing stopping me from emigrating to Oz, the spiders there would fight the vacuum cleaner hose!!
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
Fred

Re: Fred says GOOD BYE and GOOD RIDDANCE to RSI

Post by Fred »

davebmw wrote:Cool desk! now you only have the usual excuse for sore wrists :lol2:

Someone had to post that, I considered doing it myself (pun intended) however I thought it would be more fun if I let someone else do it (pun intended again). Well done :-)
I hate spiders its the only thing stopping me from emigrating to Oz, the spiders there would fight the vacuum cleaner hose!!
Well, I'm not a fan of dangerous spiders and snakes either, however I went to melbourne and tassy and actively looked for spiders and snakes to see what my reaction would be and how they looked IRL etc. I found absolutely no spiders in those 2 weeks! I did come across a few snakes in the week I spent in the bush, and when I came across the most dangerous snake in ozzy, instead of being afraid and keeping still/running away, I followed the bastard along the beach at about 5 - 10m range till it went into the lake and made me really think twice about swimming again!

It was a tiger snake :

"Fangs and poison: The highly toxic venom is produced in large amounts. The venom is mainly neurotoxic, affecting the central nervous system, but also causes muscle damage and affects blood clotting."

http://www1.parks.tas.gov.au/wildlife/reptile/tigr.html

hmmm, or maybe it was one of these :

"Fangs and poison: A dangerously venomous snake with neurotoxic venom, capable of killing an adult human if correct first aid is not applied."

http://www1.parks.tas.gov.au/wildlife/reptile/Cop.html

I can't remember, but I know it was a dangerous one and it was fairly largish (about 1 - 1.2m x 40mm or so)

Anyway, as with most things (like sharks which NZ does have) you pretty much have to kick them in the head or stand on them before you have issues.

The scariest thing I had happen while speed walking along a wooden over marsh path was a wombat doing the same through the bush on a collision course, I think it scared him as much as me because after taking a brief look it did a runner :-)

They are stocky and about the same size as a pit bull or something. Not actually scary once you realise what it is, but being "charged at" by something in the bush would make you think twice. At home it would be a boar and you'd be in real trouble :-)

I think you might find that ants would annoy you most in oz. They are large and bite and in some parts are everywhere. Still 15mil live there and are not bothered by it. About 500,000 of them are kiwis that came from a country where the most dangerous thing is a "woman" too, so it can't be that bad ;-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!