EMS Jargon and Acronym Confusing Sentence Competition

Keep the fun and games in here for now please :-)
Fred

EMS Jargon and Acronym Confusing Sentence Competition

Post by Fred »

OK, to have a bit of fun with it (I'm ALL about fun) I thought we could have a competition to see who can come up with the funniest sentence made almost exclusively of EMS acronyms and Jargon that still makes sense to me or someone else deeply involved but looks ridiculous to anyone else :-)

I'm not sure I have much/any talent at creating such sentences (except when I intend it to be serious and readable lol), so someone else will have to get the ball rolling.

Here are some acronyms and terms :

http://www.diyefi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=271

As you use more in this thread I'll add them in there. That way this thread can be a laugh and useful at the same time!

Go for it :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
BenFenner
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: EMS Jargon and Acronym Confusing Sentence Competition

Post by BenFenner »

I find VEMS to be a good EMS as it can make use of most OEM sensors (CLT, MAT, IAT, MAP, TPS, CPS, CAS, EGT, etc.), has terrific WB control and accuracy, good closed-loop EGO correction, uses Lambda instead of silly AFRs and VE instead of silly pulse widths, was formerly FOSS but not sure what happened (WB control code "stolen"?) but lacks VSS which is one of the few things holding it back in my mind.

I think I made too much sense.
Fred

Re: EMS Jargon and Acronym Confusing Sentence Competition

Post by Fred »

A good effort! It made perfect sense to me though, but I guess I'm an extremely poor test of that ;-) Perhaps we should judge by replacing jargon terms with A-Z one by one and see how it reads?
was formerly FOSS but not sure what happened
It was/is public domain, not FOSS, and copyright infringing at that. The original was written by a nice guy who still publishes an apparently broken/disabled version of the code on his msavr site. At that point another bloke came along and started developing it and closed it down and started a company in ?? to make cash out of it much like B&G but somewhat more crookedly considering it is strongly based on stolen methodologies etc. This is all highly debatable though of course. I used to wonder about VEMS, but did some homework setting up this site and learned that it is a profitable company, not an OS effort at all. You should know this, but apparently the code is only partly released to owners, and those bits that are are under an NDA.

I'm hereby entering my paragraph into the competition, but I think yours trumps it :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!