So, I spent all of my money on cars for the benefit of my soul and the FreeEMS project. As such, I'm broke. I borrowed 1500 from my wife and a mate to pay the rent and my credit card off last pay period. This one my balance is less than the credit card bill after payig them back. Next pay I'll be short, too, as I'll be paying off the CC bill and doing a gas-hungry road trip and trackday/FreeEMS tuning session in the Volvo/ute and need to buy some things to make that a success, too.
Why so broke? Aside from buying three cars in the last year,, and maintaining/fueling the other two, I've had to:
- Buy washing machine, drier, dishwasher, microwave, vacuum cleaner, couches, garden hose, bedding, a lot of fuel, various house-ware stuff like towels and ketchup and salt and pepper and shower curtain and rail, etc etc etc.
And I'm still not done. Missing are:
Clothes pegs! A broom for kitchen and garage! A rake for leaves! A squirter gun thingy for the hose (borrowing one).
- A coffee table that's usable.
- Chairs to go with the table. (using borrowed cheap grey plastic chairs right now).
- A decent bed (using one that my younger sister may have been conceived in! :-o).
- Shelves/drawers/hanging rack for clothes (all in piles on the floor and boxes and suitcases still)
- Reasonable plates/bowls/knifes/forks/spoons (using chinese shit and old shit, very meh)
- A small s/s pot for cooking things that aren't huge (bought one second hand last weekend, and have a big one but it doesn't heat up well)
And we've not yet had a power bill (what? why? hmmm) or internet bill (not even signed up yet). Things are tight.
It's *amazing* how much shit you don't have when you have to fill and operate an entire house! :-o (I thought I had most of it, maybe had about half, at best)
So if any of you are affluent and doing OK, feel free to help me get setup properly here. The little and big things above would be much appreciated! Will get to them sooner or later, but sooner is better! :-)
Aside from donations and wishes of good luck, you may also choose to mock me and laugh in my general direction. This is at your discretion :-p Enjoy.
- where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means FreedomFreeEMS.org
- the open source engine management systemFreeEMS dev diary
and its comments thread
and my turbo truck!n00bs
, do NOT
PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!